PDA

View Full Version : Griots Car Wash is nice stuff

pingable
03-11-2005, 03:51 PM
Just got a bunch of detailing supplies and I`m organizing them.

One of them is Griots Car Wash. I used to use it back in day but resorted to GC for best bang for my $$ carwash. I bought a gallon and while pouring this into a smaller bottle, I took a little and rubbed it between my fingers. This stuff is pouring like Molasses through my funnel. Gotta love the lubricity of Griots Car Wash.

Man I miss using $$ car wash soap. Used to love Sonax and P21S soap also <g>.

Bill D
03-11-2005, 03:58 PM
Ah! Certainly not that I would ever doubt Accumulator, but it is good to hear another impression of the stuff. Guess any order I`ll make with Griot`s is going to require a mandatory Car Wash purchase :up

pingable
03-11-2005, 04:03 PM
I think for now moving forward, Griots will be my Bulk Car Wash. I`ve searched high and low for gallon bottles of Sonax & P21S.

I need to ask my friend what the lowdown is with Sonax here stateside - he would know the answer.

I`ve read good things about EO carwash but maybe it`s my water source but it just didn`t work well for me on that product.

tom p.
03-11-2005, 04:18 PM
Griot`s car wash is certainly one of their best offerings..I just wish the gallon price hadn`t moved from $29 to $39...I guess the word is out.

pingable
03-11-2005, 04:30 PM
Actually I asked the sales rep what the deal with the HUGE price jump and I was told it was because one of the ingrediants used from their vendor had gone up.

Must be a ingrediant coming from Europe or something and our dollar value (lol)

ntoddalbert
03-11-2005, 04:55 PM
I love the Griots wash, its pricey though but slick and worth it for me. I wish I found it when it was $29 a gallon. A gallon does last a long time though.

Spilchy
03-11-2005, 05:08 PM
$40 a gallon :eek:

Too rich for my blood :(

togwt
03-11-2005, 05:10 PM
I had always thought that Zymol had liquidity but after reading Accumulatorâ€â„¢s extreme washing method and he cited Groitâ€â„¢s, I tried it and I donâ€â„¢t use anything else

JonM

Bill D
03-11-2005, 05:14 PM
I wonder if the same product is sold under another name some where.

General Lee
03-11-2005, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by TOGWT

I had always thought that Zymol had liquidity but after reading Accumulatorâ€â„¢s extreme washing method and he cited Groitâ€â„¢s, I tried it and I donâ€â„¢t use anything else

JonM

Out of all the consumer car washes I have tried and used, Zymol so far is my favorite. I just placed a $100.00 + order the other day for some more products so Griots is gonna have to wait a bit. I do plan on trying it though.

Accumulator
03-11-2005, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by Bill D

I wonder if the same product is sold under another name some where.

It`s hard to tell when Griot`s stuff is really *made by Griot`s* and when they just relabel. It`s my impression that they actually manufacture the Car Wash and are the exclusive source for it. They have talked about tweaking the formula in the past and now they`re talking to chefwong about the cost of ingredients. IMO they`re not gonna go to any real lengths to falsely claim to manufacture such an item.

Glad to hear people are liking it. I sometimes wonder about my hard-sell recommendation of it; just because *I* think it`s so great that doesn`t mean anybody else will like, it and it`s a bit of money to gamble on a car wash.