PDA

View Full Version : Best Combo for White Color paint

Pages : [1] 2

20stang00
03-10-2005, 10:15 PM
I just bought my pc 7336, i have a 2000 white mustang. It has some minor scratches, mainly because i dont have a garage. When i get back from Oregon, i want to have everything set and do some spring polishing.

Ive been trying to search up some info for help but i keep getting this damn "Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 64593 bytes) in /home/httpd/vhosts/autopia.org/httpdocs/forums/search.php on line 530" message

Ive been using Zaino on the car, its alright but i know i can achieve better results and remove some paint imperfections using the pc. I need your help with a combo that will bring out the best out of fords oxford white paint. I like this guys combo http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=164884

but im not sure if its best for white. btw, i think i seen his thread on here...not sure

Mahalo,

Mark

JasonD
03-10-2005, 10:23 PM
Congratulations on your PC purchase and welcome to the board!

You can`t go wrong with PB`s polishes, and the guy you have the link to has some good stuff but you are right, it`s not the products of choice for white.

In my opinion, I`d go with the PB SSR`s like you want, but then I`d do Klasse AIO and then EX-P. You say that you have already been using Zaino which is supposed to be really nice on white too. Regardless, the quality of the finish product is all dependant on your prep BEFORE the sealants. In other words, Zaino is your sealant so that should be the least of your worries. You need to do some serious polishing to bring out the white like you want.

20stang00
03-10-2005, 10:46 PM
Yeah Thanks JDookie. Im afraid the autopia will leave me broke. Im going to pick up a shelf soon to display all my products. I already have various detailing products. I believe pakshak is the only dist. of poorboys here on the sandwich isles. ill probley give them a call.

Does anyone have pictures of this combo or any other combo..

derek37
03-10-2005, 10:58 PM
AIO+EX-P+nattys

TW85 HHI
03-10-2005, 11:03 PM
AIO or UPC + UPP

94BlkStang
03-10-2005, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by 20stang00

Yeah Thanks JDookie. Im afraid the autopia will leave me broke. Im going to pick up a shelf soon to display all my products. I already have various detailing products. I believe pakshak is the only dist. of poorboys here on the sandwich isles. ill probley give them a call.

Does anyone have pictures of this combo or any other combo..

JDookie is correct when he says it`s mostly in the process. I`ve been real happy with a combination of Megs #80, VM and PB EX-P. I`ve also used S100 as a final topper over the EX P with some nice results. Here`s my Oxford White Navigator with those products.

http://autopia.org/gallery/data/500/14039navigator2.jpg

Scottwax
03-10-2005, 11:51 PM
Klasse AIO and Meguiars #16 is a killer combo on white.

audipower
03-11-2005, 01:13 AM
I used to have Oxford White on my Explorer. I suggest Sonus Clay (other clays are fine), Sonus SFX-2 and then #3 (or poorboys),Klasse AIO, then Klasse SGx3, then P21S (best on light colors. You can add a Paint Cleaner like Sonus if you don`t think you have to polish. AIO has a light polish that will get out minor paint imperfections. I still use a paint cleaner though. I don`t polish unless i have to and always use the less abrasive first.

Good luck

Sveta
03-11-2005, 01:38 AM
Anything above...how can you go wrong?

My favorite on white...VM and 2x EX-P.

I`ve always topped with #16, S100, or Natty`sWax and last time I tried CMW. Very nice durability from #16 and CMW.:up

Now there`s Pink Wax to try! Geeeze...it never ends.:D

DBC
03-11-2005, 01:46 AM
Hey hows it Mark this is rob808 from ForumsHawaii:wavey,glad to finally see that you decided to join this informative site.Do alot of reading if you can.Alot of questions that youll ask would probably most likely be answered if you search around first.

Yes this site will cause you to be addicted and can be very expensive but key as i said before is PREP PREP PREP.Give Ranney a call.Hes really cool to do business with;).Last note...dont share too many of our secrets with the rest of the ForumsHawaii members now:p

20stang00
03-11-2005, 02:32 AM
Hey howz it!! honestly, ive been reading this board for over 8-10 months now, only now have i registered and bought a pc. I wanna start detailing the car already, but the weather has been crazy and i dont have the pads and the rest of the ammo yet. Ill have to wait till after my trip to Oregon. Maybe i can find an automotive shop that carries everything people have be suggesting then i will be a hundred bucks or so poorer, but cant beat the tax free state.

btw. forumshawaii aint got jack on autopia.org. :cool:

DBC
03-11-2005, 02:44 AM
Originally posted by 20stang00

btw. forumshawaii aint got jack on autopia.org. :cool:

Thats`s why I say dont say too much on the forums:p

Btw i used the PB line last weekend.SSR1 is alright.IMO its more like a glaze comparable to VM.Still have to top off with Natty`s.But for my process I used SSR1>EX-P>and finally Natty`s soon.Used BNB on the tires and TR on exterior.From what i noticed BNB and TR looks like a thick viscous liquid.Hope it doesnt rain this weekend since im really anxious to use some Natty`s.We should meet up sometime and detail our cars one day.

Robert

RedondoV6
03-11-2005, 02:56 AM
Prep with Menzerna, 3M, or PB`s polishes and then one layer of Z2 Pro .... finished!

Top if you like, but it is not really necessary.

boywonder
03-11-2005, 05:01 AM
I`ve done prep with Clay Magic, 3M PI III and Menzerna, then topped with S100 on a Glacier Pearl Maxima that had gotten bombarded with pollution from Pittsburgh.

I`ve also prepped a fairly neglected Neon using Clay Magic, DACP, PB SSRs (2.5 and 1), then topped with S100.

20stang00
03-11-2005, 05:04 AM
Originally posted by robert

Thats`s why I say dont say too much on the forums:p

Btw i used the PB line last weekend.SSR1 is alright.IMO its more like a glaze comparable to VM.Still have to top off with Natty`s.But for my process I used SSR1>EX-P>and finally Natty`s soon.Used BNB on the tires and TR on exterior.From what i noticed BNB and TR looks like a thick viscous liquid.Hope it doesnt rain this weekend since im really anxious to use some Natty`s.We should meet up sometime and detail our cars one day.

Robert

yeah, and maybe you can show me how to use the machine

Originally posted by PrinzII

I`ve done prep with Clay Magic, 3M PI III and Menzerna, then topped with S100 on a Glacier Pearl Maxima that had gotten bombarded with pollution from Pittsburgh.

I`ve also prepped a fairly neglected Neon using Clay Magic, DACP, PB SSRs (2.5 and 1), then topped with S100.

cool, but i know how you feel. here on the island, for some reason (maybe for all of us) it always rains right after the car is just washed. sad for me, i dont have a garage