PDA

View Full Version : Concave Pads

gtpaul
03-10-2005, 08:55 PM
I just got my shipment in of Orange/Black pads, and they are concave in the middle. I decided to give them a shot.

I applied my SSR2.5 to the orange one liberally then went to work. I found it hard to get the SSR2.5 to start laying evenly.

Any tips tricks to using these types of pads?

gtpaul
03-11-2005, 12:09 AM
no one?

JasonD
03-11-2005, 12:21 AM
The concave is meant to stop the polish from splattering. Whenever you start polishing (especially with a brand new pad), you are going to have to take some time to get the pad loaded and/or broken in. The more you use the pad, the softer it will get, easier it will get to use, and more effective it will become. I always like to mist my pad with a little bit of water or qd before use just to aid in the priming or loading process. Start off with a nice "X" of product on the pad and have your PC on a lower setting, like maybe around 4. Slowly work the polish in until it`s pretty much dry and then place another "X" of polish on the pad and work another area. Once your pad is loaded with polish and you can work an area for a while without having to add anymore, you can decrease the amount of product used and increase the speed to around 5, which is where I like to leave it. After a full panel, your pad should be loaded and begin to get softer. You will really notice a difference after your first full detail using the new pads. Keep in mind that the orange pad is very stiff, so a *little* pressure is needed to flatten it out in the beginning. The black pad, on the other hand, should be very soft and easy to work with.