PDA

View Full Version : Edge Pads breaking up

termigator
03-10-2005, 01:13 PM
Did anybody else buy the Edge Pads at Premiumautocare.com for 50% off? I bought two blue polishing & a white finishing pad. I used one of the blue ones a couple of times and the edges are already breaking up. It doesn`t hurt the effectiveness of the pad, but it does make me wonder about the quality. Has anybody else had the same problem?

Maybe I should sand down the edges while its rotating so its rounded.:p

RedondoV6
03-10-2005, 01:35 PM
Are these the two side pads they make or their regular pads? Just interested. Rotary or PC use? Also, did they catch or rub on any trim or is the foam just breaking up?

EDIT: I`d like to see a pic of the damaged pad too.

Scott P
03-10-2005, 01:52 PM
Do you have pics?

former86camaro
03-10-2005, 02:38 PM
Mine are working out great. My Sonus Pad have dissapointed me and are doing somthing similar to that.

MongooseGA
03-10-2005, 02:43 PM
Mine are dissapointing me as well. They were bought from the Edge website though, I think.

The yellow cutting pad`s velcro backing (Obvisouly the one sided, used for the PC) is coming off. I appears the adhesive used has dissolved. I`ve only hand washed them in warm water wish dish soap as I have all of my pads. It`s only been used 2 or 3 times.

I`ve only ever had luck with the Sonus pads. Excellent quality for me :xyxthumbs

termigator
03-10-2005, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by RedondoV6

Are these the two side pads they make or their regular pads? Just interested. Rotary or PC use? Also, did they catch or rub on any trim or is the foam just breaking up?

EDIT: I`d like to see a pic of the damaged pad too.

They`re the regular pads. I use them on my PC. They didn`t rub on any trim that I know of.

Sorry. No pictures. Haven`t figured out how to post pictures yet.

I don`t think they`re breaking up. It just seems like th edges are starting to fray. It`s really no big deal. I only paid $5 for each.

saltydog
03-10-2005, 04:20 PM
Don`t tell me this, I just received my PC with all the edge pads!:bawling:

I was going to wait untill it warmed up to try them.