PDA

View Full Version : Klasse SG on wheels?

Pages : [1] 2

opass
03-10-2005, 09:30 AM
Planning to protect the wheels inside out. Will do the following steps:

1) Wash with shampoo

2) Clay Bar

3) Klasse SG X3

Looking for durability. What do you think?

Eliot Ness
03-10-2005, 09:36 AM
Sounds good, but I`d lay down some AIO before the SG. The SG will give you good durability and make clean-up a snap.

opass
03-10-2005, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by Eliot Ness

Sounds good, but I`d lay down some AIO before the SG. The SG will give you good durability and make clean-up a snap.

I don`t have any AIO. Can I use SG right after clay? Does it make a different for bonding without AIO? :rolleyes:

JasonD
03-10-2005, 09:59 AM
You probably don`t *have* to use AIO prior to SG, but you will certainly get a better end result. AIO will polish the wheel and prep the surface at the same time getting it ready for SG. I use AIO on my chrome wheels and don`t even use SG, and still get almost 6 months out of it before I need to polish again. Then again, I rarely use this particular vehicle, so that helps too.

Here`s what AIO can do on chrome wheels:

Before:

http://autopia.org/gallery/data/500/5571bazo3_before.jpg

After:

http://autopia.org/gallery/data/500/5571bazo2_after.jpg

tribblez
03-10-2005, 10:27 AM
Washed, Clayed, AIO and SG. Helped tremendously with the brake dust. The 10-spoke was a PITA overall, but I`d rather go through a thorough cleaning once with simpler maintenance than having to spend a lot of time everytime I wash.

Brian

http://autopia.org/gallery/data/500/19425afterwashwheel.jpg

http://autopia.org/gallery/data/500/19425img_1103_resize.jpg

Accumulator
03-10-2005, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by opass

I don`t have any AIO. Can I use SG right after clay? Does it make a different for bonding without AIO? :rolleyes:

I really *would* get some AIO, it`s one of the most versatile products you can buy.

In its absence, I`d consider using some oil/filler free polish or paint cleaner after you clay. Wouldn`t want any clay residue messing with the SG`s bonding.

With SG on my wheels, I can just wash them with car wash solution (wheel cleaner can eventually take off the SG). I always try for at least four coats of SG, especially on the back side.

opass
03-10-2005, 03:06 PM
The pics look great.

Similar questions that I asked before and for sure this will be the last time. I have 1 liter Autoglym wax polish also know as Super Resin Polish that almost untouch. Questions:

1) Can I use this as supplement for AIO and then add KSG?

2) Is Autoglym Wax Polish more aggressive than AIO?

3) Can I often use Autoglym Wax Polish on new/like new cars just like AIO does?

4) Can I use Autoglym Wax Polish as base coat that would not cause problems putting carnbura wax or sealant on top.

4) Should I just forget mixing this Autoglym, and move on for AIO because most users familiar with AIO?

Lowejackson
03-10-2005, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by opass

The pics look great.

Similar questions that I asked before and for sure this will be the last time. I have 1 liter Autoglym wax polish also know as Super Resin Polish that almost untouch. Questions:

1) Can I use this as supplement for AIO and then add KSG?

2) Is Autoglym Wax Polish more aggressive than AIO?

3) Can I often use Autoglym Wax Polish on new/like new cars just like AIO does?

4) Can I use Autoglym Wax Polish as base coat that could cause problems, such as putting carnbura wax or sealant on top.

4) Should I just forget mixing this Autoglym, and move on for AIO because most users familiar with AIO?

1 Yes, I have found some improvement to shine if a chemical polish is used prior to AIO.

2. Yes but SRP is a mild polish.

3. Yes

4. No problem adding wax etc

5. I have not mixed Klasse and Autoglym but I think you make a very valid point. Autoglym does not have the market penetration that Klasse does and therefore the knowledge base is much higher for Klasse

opass
03-10-2005, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by Lowejackson

2. Yes but SRP is a mild polish.

How does the polish power compare with P21s PCL, Poorboy PWC and SSR 2.5?

Lowejackson
03-10-2005, 04:03 PM
I would classify SRP to be used in the LSP phase. Its `cutting` ability is low. For minor marks such as light swirls it is probably ok.

This is a quick review by CMA

http://store.yahoo.com/classic-motoring/autsuprespol.html

Accumulator
03-10-2005, 07:12 PM
I too would consider SRP to be pretty much a LSP, at least in a "cleaner wax" sort of way, like AIO.

It does not seem any *more* abrasive than products like VM and P21S GEPC. Very, very mild. Don`t expect any marring correction, even on soft single stage (which is what I usually use it on these days).

Used by itself it seems to last longer than AIO. It also seems to hide marring/flaws a little better.

Even though it`s a "cleaner" product, two applicatins of SRP, 24 hours apart, with the second application done *very* gently, seem to last longer than just *one* application. I read this in the product literature and didn`t believe it until I tried it. Heh heh, other people won`t believe it and that`s cool with me ;)

imported_SHICKS
03-10-2005, 08:30 PM
I have about 5 or 6 layers of SG on my wheels.

http://autopia.org/gallery/data/500/18990bmwwheel.jpg

Steve

Mr Big Bass
03-14-2005, 11:57 AM
How long must we wait before each coat of SG? Do you use the WOO method on wheels too? My wheels are brand new as well and i can take all the time in the world to make sure its done right. Help me!

horatiub
04-11-2005, 05:46 PM
hey shicks, did u put AIO first on the BMW wheels or not? I have a 05 325i Sport Package and I`m kinda afraid to put AIO on it, I`m not sure if it would damage in anyhow the wheel.

From the pic, it looks like we have the same type of wheels.

imported_SHICKS
04-11-2005, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by horatiub

hey shicks, did u put AIO first on the BMW wheels or not? I have a 05 325i Sport Package and I`m kinda afraid to put AIO on it, I`m not sure if it would damage in anyhow the wheel.

From the pic, it looks like we have the same type of wheels.

Yes, I cleaned the wheels with soap and water, then I used AIO. AIO will not harm the wheel at all. It is a very good chemical cleaner, I love the stuff. Also I would not recommend using SG without first using AIO. I have only washed the wheels once in about a month, and the brake dust came off without any problem with soap and water.

Steve