PDA

View Full Version : Any benefit in 2 layers of AIO

imported_vindaloo
03-10-2005, 04:55 AM
Having just taken delivery of some Carlack68 (Klasse AIO or near enough) I wondered if there was any benefit in a second application before I use UPP?

I like to re-wax every 4 weeks or so, do I re-apply AIO before UPP or can I just top up with UPP?

If I decide to top UPP with S100, Natty`s etc. what`s my regime every 4 weeks then?

Mad iX
03-10-2005, 05:06 AM
I personally wouldn`t worry about re-applying AIO (unless you can see that your paint needs it), especially after you`ve topped it with something else. 4 weeks isn`t very long so UPP (or whatever else you use) should still be there, so just top it up. If it`s been a while and UPP is gone, then it`s probably time to apply AIO again.

Same goes for whatever you put on top of UPP. You`d only need to re-apply if/when it has diminished.

imported_agentf1
03-10-2005, 08:59 AM
Cannot be layered.

Gonzo
03-10-2005, 09:20 AM
Ideally, AIO goes on very thin , so there is a possibility of missing a spot or two. The only reason for applying AIO twice is to make sure you get 100% coverage before you apply SG or UPP or ....

AIO cannot be layered, since it removes everything under it (wax, SG, and AIO)

imported_vindaloo
03-10-2005, 09:40 AM
Thanks for the replies

klnyc
03-10-2005, 09:56 AM
No cant do. :nono

AIO will clean out all your LSPS and sealant.

JasonD
03-10-2005, 10:10 AM
AIO removes everything on the surface, so only use it when you want to start completely over.

If you want to apply something every 4 weeks, then start by layering your UPP a couple times and then finally top it with a carnauba like the ones you mentioned above. By the time you hit the 12 week mark, you will probably want to use AIO and start over anyway because by this time most people start to see slight marring from regular washes, road debris, etc.

togwt
03-10-2005, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by Gonzo

Ideally, AIO goes on very thin , so there is a possibility of missing a spot or two. The only reason for applying AIO twice is to make sure you get 100% coverage before you apply SG or UPP or ....

AIO cannot be layered, since it removes everything under it (wax, SG, and AIO)

:xyxthumbs :xyxthumbs