PDA

View Full Version : I got some answer from a body shop

RedMam
03-09-2005, 11:17 PM
I took the Day off today and thought I would go down to a couple of body shops and ask some questions. I went to a local body shop and a custom body shop. I started off by asking what they thought about Megs #1#2#4 cut cleaners. Out of the 9 guys that worked at the custom shop 7 of them likes working with cut cleaner. Out of those 7 (5 of them like useing a PC to get the job done) One guy showed me the difference between the two (pc and rotary we used #2) there wasn`t much difference other then time and light light hazeing the PC took 5 or 6 min longer and #9 took care of the hazeing. By the way we did the hood of a 66 Vett (moderate swirls light scratches) both used megs cutting pad. So I guess is what im getting at is you can use CUT CLEANER with a PC.

Accumulator
03-10-2005, 12:24 PM
That must`ve been both interesting and informative, seeing how those products worked with both the PC and the rotary. I will caution that a lot of it depends on the paint being worked. I`ve used #2 on some b/c that did *not* respond well to it (better by rotary, but still not well).

Not intended as a :nono :argue or anything, just as a "be careful".

imported_hadboosttroy
03-10-2005, 01:08 PM
i thought it even said on the bottle for rotary only though?

RedMam
03-10-2005, 10:45 PM
The only bottles that say that are the new packaged bottles the old ones say apply by hand, orbital, D.A. polisher or rotary. Then it says if defects remain use a second application or use #1 and use #9 to restore the gloss.