PDA

View Full Version : Garage Light Height

shelshel
03-09-2005, 06:45 PM
Well, I installed my 10 4ft cold start 6500K fluorescent T8 lights in the garage with 4 lights switches this past weekend. What a great feeling to be able to see in the garage as if you were out in the sun. My question is should I have installed these at their highest point, 9ft, or is there a recommend height?

Next project is to install tarps inside so I can wash the vehicles inside the garage.

audio1der
03-11-2005, 02:30 PM
I`m going to install mine just high enough to clear the door when up. I feel having the lights as close as possible helps the most, but that may be just me.

:nixweiss

Nocholis Rimnson
03-11-2005, 02:47 PM
I Installed My 6500k Lights Flush in the Ceiling

Wow what a Difference from the Standard lights!

And Now I can See Even MORE FLAWS..lol

Brad B
03-11-2005, 02:50 PM
One side of my garage has a ceiling over 10` or 11` and I have them mounted as high as possible. Just looks nicer.

What are the tarps for?

I wash my cars inside all the time and just learned to be "neat" with the hose. I never splash the walls or even the car parked next door.

shelshel
03-11-2005, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by Brad B.

One side of my garage has a ceiling over 10` or 11` and I have them mounted as high as possible. Just looks nicer.

What are the tarps for?

I wash my cars inside all the time and just learned to be "neat" with the hose. I never splash the walls or even the car parked next door.

I wish I were as careful as you but I know I wouldn`t be able to. My walls because there not finished and the brown backing on the insulation darkens the garage, I figured I`d use white tarps to brighten thing up when detailing.

togwt
03-11-2005, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by shelshel

Well, I installed my 10 4ft cold start 6500K fluorescent T8 lights in the garage with 4 lights switches this past weekend. What a great feeling to be able to see in the garage as if you were out in the sun. My question is should I have installed these at their highest point, 9ft, or is there a recommend height?

Next project is to install tarps inside so I can wash the vehicles inside the garage.

8-foot 6-inch is considered the standard (12-foot for HID and other industrial lights) to measure light output, so 9-foot is fine.

JonM