PDA

View Full Version : What is the most pollen resistant LSP?

spotter
03-09-2005, 05:43 PM
I have about a 3 month period of heavy pollen here in Nashville and was wondering what LSP would show the least accumulation of pollen. I was thinking about trying UPP but was just told in my thread asking about UPP that it might be a bad choice?

What do you recommend to resist pollen?

imported_memnuts
03-09-2005, 06:44 PM
I know of no pollen resistant paint protectant. Look at pollen in the same manner one views rain, snow and pollution. There is no escape from being inundated unless your vehicle lives in the garage 24/7. :(

My pollen fighter for daily driver is a pressure washer ,some good WW`s and QD. :xyxthumbs

wannafbody
03-09-2005, 11:12 PM
last step=car wash soap- pretty much does away with pollen :D

togwt
03-10-2005, 06:55 AM
Pollen:

The yellow dust you see in the air made up of small cells from blooming plants and are one of the most common allergy triggers. The pollen from trees are the main concern, vehicles get hit with pollen laced trees that include: oak, western red cedar, elm, birch, ash, hickory, polar, sycamore, maple, cypress and walnut.

Pollen isn`t removed by air friction as you drive because it adheres to a surface with microscopic barbs that can attach to even a very slightly uneven surface, and adheres to a natural wax better than a synthetic polymer

As well as being an allergic it is both an abrasive and a corrosive type dust especially when mixed with water and should therefore be removed from paint surfaces as soon as is practicable.

For dry pollen dust use a (California Car Duster) lightly brush the surface using long strokes in one direction only. If the pollen is wet remove with a damp waffle weave towel, to avoid scratching, using as little pressure as possible, again wiping in one direction only.

As soon as is practical, thoroughly rinse the vehicle with a hose and clean water to ensure all acidic pollen is neutralized / removed.

JonM

Scottwax
03-10-2005, 11:56 PM
I haven`t seen any LSP I`ve used make any difference in pollen accumulation. I just dust and QD at least twice a day on the week it peaks (daily the week before and after) to stay ahead of it.

RedondoV6
03-11-2005, 02:59 AM
My advice .. leave your hose out and ready to use!

Who said the streets are "paved with gold" in the USA?

...they are in Carolina!

imported_agentf1
03-11-2005, 02:31 PM
3 months :shocked We get about 4 weeks but we also get another 4 months of snow. :down Pollen and salt SUCK!