PDA

View Full Version : "Wheel Wax"

Pages : [1] 2

Intercooled
03-09-2005, 05:12 PM
I just recieved an email newsletter from CMA. They featured a product called "Wheel Wax" http://properautocare.com/wheelwax.html

Anyone ever use this product, I`m looking for some feedback.

Detailr75
03-09-2005, 05:31 PM
I have used this product. I have some brake dust deeply embedded in the paint of my white wheels. WheelWax is not as miraculous as the ad copy would have you believe. That area right at the base of the valve stem will NOT get perfectly clean! But, it DOES work better on my wheels than any other cleaner wax I have tried (Mother`s, that came with a clay bar; and some Turtle Wax product). I hope, with spring weather and time to apply the elbow grease, I`ll be able to bring these wheels back up to Autopia-grade clean.

Usually I don`t care about the smell of a product, but this stuff has a strong artificial-coconut odor that I could do without. But I`ll hold my nose for a bit, to get good results.

termigator
03-09-2005, 05:33 PM
I got the same letter. They just talked about this just recently in some threads last week. Opinions were inconsistent. Some liked it. Some hated it. Most thought you`re better off using the Klasse twins. I ran with the latter opinion and got some Klasse!

Bobby G
03-09-2005, 05:37 PM
I use clay to clean off the big stuff (tar balls, grease...) and Klasse AIO to clean/polish/protect and love the results. For the most part, all I need is my regular wash water to clean the wheel. :up

Intercooled
03-09-2005, 05:40 PM
Thanks for the input guys, I may try it for the garage queen since my rims are always pretty clean on that car. I`m not looking for a miracle cleaner. I`m just tired of the "rubbing" to death approach with some of the other cleaners for polished rims.

Bobby G
03-09-2005, 05:41 PM
Have you tried the LusterPad from www.lustercare.com?

Intercooled
03-09-2005, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by DavidB

I use clay to clean off the big stuff (tar balls, grease...) and Klasse AIO to clean/polish/protect and love the results. For the most part, all I need is my regular wash water to clean the wheel. :up

Does the AIO need to be "rubbed in" to remove dirt and dust or just applied and removed?

Bobby G
03-09-2005, 05:44 PM
Wipe-on, wipe-off unless the wheel is really dirty.

Is your wheel polished aluminum without a clearcoat?

Pats300zx
03-09-2005, 05:44 PM
Have you tried the LusterPad from www.lustercare.com?

I got some as part of the Autogeek giveaway. I am looking forward to giving it a try this spring...

Bobby G
03-09-2005, 05:45 PM
It`s good stuff, Pat!

imported_vindaloo
03-09-2005, 05:59 PM
I`ve had wheel wax for some 18 months, used it afew times & found that it wasn`t as goods as the ads suggested in fact normal paintwork cleaner/waxes are better IMHO

Intercooled
03-09-2005, 06:25 PM
Excellent feed back! Mine are polished, NO clear.

I`m so glad its not a daily driver, I would never reccomend non cleared polished rims for a daily driver. Some times I`m sorry i have them even on the Garage Queen.

jetskie
03-11-2005, 04:54 PM
I used it on my polished wheels and was unimpressed. This stuff is better for clear coated wheels. It has little polishing ability and won`t give you that mirror finish on polished alloys. You`ll be better off using good old mothers polish. I like to use Meguiars Gold Class Metal Restorer since its an easy to apply liquid, and if the wheels are really dirty I use Wenol Red.

togwt
03-11-2005, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by Intercooled

Excellent feed back! Mine are polished, NO clear.

I`m so glad its not a daily driver, I would never reccomend non cleared polished rims for a daily driver. Some times I`m sorry i have them even on the Garage Queen.

Try sone ZoopSeal (you`ll think they are clear coated)

ZoopSeal (http://www.zoops.com/zoopseal.asp)

JonM

JJ_
03-18-2005, 11:59 AM
what is the consitency of wheel wax likened to?