PDA

View Full Version : Newbie question about PC`s

Sinister04L
03-09-2005, 03:32 PM
I`m getting another car next month that`s black and has quite a bit of swirling. The paint appears to be in pretty good shape except for the swirls (always garage kept). I picked up a PC 7336, some LC pads (orange, white, blue), and I`m going to use SSR 2.5, SSR1, VM, and CMW and I had a couple of questions. Should I use the PC to remove the product after it`s applied or should I remove it by hand? If I use the PC, what type of pad/bonnet should I use? Thanks in advance for any advice you can give me.

White95Max
03-09-2005, 07:34 PM
I have never used the PC to remove any product. I always use MF towels instead.

For PC product removal, you just need to get a MF bonnet and put it over a clean pad. Go over the product with very light pressure to pick up the leftover product off of the paint.

sQuashed
03-09-2005, 07:37 PM
Ive never removed anything with the PC either. From what we read here, its not a very worthy tool for the job.

MongooseGA
03-09-2005, 08:28 PM
I`ve used my MF bonnets to remove products before. You can also use a *very* soft finishing pad to remove product as well.

That said, I prefer removing it by hand. If a product is being difficult to remove, just use some QD.