PDA

View Full Version : Tried a little experiment with NXT car wash...

Camarorulz
03-09-2005, 03:14 PM
I ran out of QD today so I decided to give something a try instead of running to the store and dishing out $3.95 for a new bottle...got some NXT car wash, poured a small amount in an empty bottle of clay magic lube, and filled it up with tap water. I shook it up and decided to give it a try on the Camaro...it really didn`t do too badly at all: NXT car wash is probably safer for the paint than any quick detailer, and I use regular old water to wash the car anyway. The thing about this combo is that it really doesn`t leave water marks like after a wash with no dry. I used a good microfiber and it finished off quite nicely until the towel got too wet (there was dirt on the surface of the whole car and I had to constantly turn it.) I`d say it`s not too bad of a substitute for washing. What do the experts think??

dternst
03-09-2005, 03:20 PM
Zaino Bros recommends using a capful of Z7 (car shampoo) with water for use with Z18 (claybar). For better results, try using distilled water instead of tap water.

wannafbody
03-09-2005, 04:54 PM
try the NXT speed detailer-its pretty nice

SphyNxXx
03-09-2005, 06:11 PM
Hmm...Ill have to try this...how much NXT wash did you add to a bottle of water?

stilez
03-09-2005, 06:19 PM
My fear would be that NXT is a traditional wash. In being a traditional wash, it requires rinsing to remove any left over soap.

Products like Protect All QEW and Poorboy`s S+W come to mind when water is at a minimum or at non-existence.

For what you are using now, it would be a good clay lube after the car is clean.

Camarorulz
03-10-2005, 01:18 PM
I poured in a very small amount. The bottle is small anyway. You don`t need a whole lot of NXT to make a difference, it`s very good stuff.

GSRstilez: I thought mixing it with water would make is safe. Is there any way it could hurt my paint?