PDA

View Full Version : A compliment

kartoon
03-09-2005, 02:21 PM
Yesterday I received a great compliment from a person at work.

I was asked if my car is allergic to snow/salt because unlike all the other cars in the parking lot, my car is snow-and-salt-free and shiny. That was coming from a person who believes that you wash your vehicle when it rains.

That made me feel very :bounce

Of course, all that changed today after all the crap we had here in the NE yesterday evening :(

MongooseGA
03-09-2005, 02:23 PM
That kind of thing always makes you feel good. My neighbor told me how awesome my freshly polished car looked the other day as he drove by and saw it.

crobinso
03-09-2005, 03:00 PM
At church on Sunday, everyone kept telling me how clean my car was - and it had a heavy layer of dust on it. I said, "This filthy thing?" which blew their minds...;)

Charles

genes
03-09-2005, 03:38 PM
My neighbor`s have been watching me work in the driveway cleaning and polishing my cars. I thought it was strange that the talkative ones hadn`t said anything.

The other day the lady stopped me waxing my car and told me it was clouding up and gonna rain.

This is a no brainer because it always rains in the Northwest....

That was her dig on my shiny. clean cars.

94BlkStang
03-09-2005, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by MongooseGA

That kind of thing always makes you feel good. My neighbor told me how awesome my freshly polished car looked the other day as he drove by and saw it.

Yes, my single biggest compliment that I have received from many people is asking me if my vehicles are new. One`s a 94 Mustang GT and the other is a 1998 Lincoln Navigator with 107,000 miles and both sit outside 24/7. I just smile and say thanks and then tell them how old they are.:D

cwcad
03-09-2005, 04:07 PM
last spring when i traveled back to alaska to go to work. i went with a new vehicle. once i started work i noticed another new vehicle just like mine. short of the color. weeks go by. i notice that the vehicle was still quite shiny but over the last few days it had become a little grimey because of the rain that we had had. i was having a problem keeping it clean also so i went to work early each day just so i could wipe the road grime off while it sat in the parking lot all day while i was working.

i finally got a chance to meet the office girl that had purchased a vehicle similar to mine. i gave her compliments on her vehicle and how nice it looked. she looked at me and said, "mine is dirty. i want to know what you have on your vehicle that it stays clean even with all the rain that we have been having."

made my decade to say the least.

Scottwax
03-09-2005, 11:23 PM
What I usually hear is "wow, what wax do you use?"

Once they find out was is really involved, they have this blank look that seems to say "I`m not doing all that stuff".

94BlkStang
03-10-2005, 01:41 AM
Originally posted by Scottwax

What I usually hear is "wow, what wax do you use?"

Once they find out was is really involved, they have this blank look that seems to say "I`m not doing all that stuff".

Yeah, they always think it`s the product and not the process.:D

audipower
03-11-2005, 01:27 AM
Originally posted by 94BlkStang

Yeah, they always think it`s the product and not the process.:D

Bing Bing Bing, we have a winner! Man I love when people say that.

I live in NE Ohio aka Snow Belt and we had are record snow in a season today. I took vacation this week to get some show cars done, but it got to cold, so I only got one done. He had a heated garage. I`m getting so sick of it!

I always tell people I use Turtle Wax and wash my car twice a week with dawn. Damn! my secrets out!