PDA

View Full Version : caught the bug

Dakmis
03-09-2005, 07:19 AM
went out and got a few things

http://i134.exs.cx/img134/2491/dscn09618wp.jpg

new toys include 3 plush mf`s, 1 ww mf, megs gold class shampoo, megs quick clay, megs #26, mothers metal polish, armor all tire shine.

i also have a pc being shipped out to me with pads and some 3m compound and polish.

the full detail of my contour starts when the pc gets here.

i clayed my hood for the first time ever today. it was amazing how much came off. no pictures of that it was dark when i did it.

i know its not much but im just starting out

Carl Anderson
03-09-2005, 07:27 AM
Dakmis,

Good list of products. If you truly "have caught the bug" it is probably only the beginning. And remember: "THERE IS NO CURE!".

Setec Astronomy
03-09-2005, 07:28 AM
Originally posted by Dakmis

i know its not much but im just starting out

Hey, that`s a fine start. It`s not about how many products you have, it`s about how much fun you have and being happy with the look of your car.

Dakmis
03-09-2005, 07:33 AM
Originally posted by Carl Anderson

Dakmis,

Good list of products. If you truly "have caught the bug" it is probably only the beginning. And remember: "THERE IS NO CURE!".

heh i have a temporary cure, go work on the car :D

Originally posted by Setec Astronomy

Hey, that`s a fine start. It`s not about how many products you have, it`s about how much fun you have and being happy with the look of your car.

i just want the pc to get here so i can rid the finish of some swirls. my friends often ask me how i can spend hours working on the car every weekend ;)

cwcad
03-09-2005, 08:16 AM
i know what you mean about the questions from people. my son spent part of his weekend helping me with a detail i was doing. he was a great help all during the process. there were several times i caught him shaking his head becasue of some anal thing that i wanted done to keep the detail going the direction that i had intended. later that evening he was in his room doing some detailing of his own. he had lined up all the tennis shoes that he owns, on his bed. i did not count them but there were many. they all had the shoelaces out of them. he had wiped them all with one of my microfiber towels. when i went by he was using a polish to touch up a pair he had in his hand. as i was headed to the garage i had to go thru the laundry room. the washing machine wash on. it was set for a small load on the hot setting. my jug of micro-restore was on the dryer. in the machine were all the shoestrings for the tennis shoes.

even though he looked at me funny many times during our vehicle detail he always did what i asked. never once asking " why". i paid him the same courtesy and continued to the garage.

SK2003TypeS
03-09-2005, 09:48 AM
Dakmis,

Nice list of toyz you have there. I`d advise getting more MF towels. You can never have enough. 10 should be a minimum. I know they add up in pretty quickly, but when you`re detailing, you`ll want to used different MFs for buffing different products.

Good Luck :)

cwcad, That`s a great story !

crobinso
03-09-2005, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by Carl Anderson

If you truly "have caught the bug" it is probably only the beginning. And remember: "THERE IS NO CURE!".

:eek: :shocked :hide: :cry: :nervous2: :soscared:

Ain`t it the truth!

Charles