PDA

View Full Version : Spring Cleaning

MelHal74
03-09-2005, 12:15 AM
As some of you can tell I`m a newbie around here, I`ve always been into keeping my car spotless but I really got serious this spring and bought some new stuff. The line up is going to be

Clay Magic

Nxt Car wash

clearkote VM

Clearkote carnuba

Nxt interior protectant

Zaino z10 leather conditioner

now my question.. I noticed when I got my bottle of clearkote stuff the VM is really thin.. how do I apply this to the paint? I`m doing this all by hand and I also have 3 of the microfiber applicator pads from SMP. I plan on washing the car, claying it, washing it again, then doing vm and the carnuba over it.. what method, by hand would leave me with the best results?

my car is kind of a medium to dark blue color, with some metallic to it.

any and all suggestions are welcomed

thanks guys

travisdecpn
03-09-2005, 12:47 AM
You can apply VM with either a MF or foam applicator pad. I like to apply VM almost every surface on the vehicle, i.e. paint, chrome, and glass it does a good job of cleaning and leaving a nice gloss.

MelHal74
03-09-2005, 12:54 AM
should I use it like wax doing small circles all over?

travisdecpn
03-09-2005, 01:23 AM
Yep, I apply it and work it just like any other polish.

MelHal74
03-09-2005, 06:51 PM
should I allow any time between the coats of vm and the wax? I`ve never done a process like this before, I used nxt before so I just applied a coat of wax and called it done.

MelHal74
03-14-2005, 12:51 AM
so when doing the VM polish do I just swirl it on like I would as if i was waxing the car? Also do i wait between the polish and wax or just take the polish off and then apply the wax right away??