PDA

View Full Version : Megs Detailer Line, thoughts? Prices? *link*

imported_DetailGirl
03-08-2005, 11:55 PM
So what do you think about this line of products?

Also what do you think about these prices. They seem pretty reasonable IMO.

http://www.autodetailingsolutions.com/Meguiar`s%20Detailer%20Line%20Prices.htm

travisdecpn
03-09-2005, 12:29 AM
I`ve tried about half of them. I like the price and performance of this line a lot. The glass cleaner is very good and can be diluted to make 11 gallons. All Season Dressing is great for exterior trim and tires. The APC is very powerful as is the super degreaser and the wheel brightener. I`ve been impressed with their performance so far. Auto Detailing Solutions is a great source and his prices are very fair.

imported_DetailGirl
03-09-2005, 04:24 PM
Travis thank you for the response.

SpoiledMan
03-09-2005, 04:47 PM
I don`t know what their shipping is like as I had the products picked up for me by my cousin who lives close to them. Their service is excellent and he(Rick) will take up his time on the phone with you if you are having any problems. The prices are good and he carries much of the line. If you don`t see it, give him a call and I`m pretty sure he will work something out to get it for you. I use much of the detailer line of products and they are very good at what they do. The Hyper Dressing is a steal as well as the Glass Cleaner Concentrate. I don`t think you will be disappointed with any of these products.

imported_MCA
03-09-2005, 05:11 PM
I cannot agree more with above people. The detailer line has the rare combination of excellent performance and pricing (if you can stomach the initial gallon cost plus the shipping). I purchased the Super Degreaser, Glass Cleaner, and Last Touch QD. I took a chance by purchasing 1 gallon of each, but they are all "go-to" products now. Being able to dilute these products makes it extremely helpful in matching detailing jobs with required product strengths.

MCA

imported_DetailGirl
03-09-2005, 05:11 PM
Thank you SpoiledMan, I appreciate the response.

stilez
03-09-2005, 05:15 PM
Hyper Dressing and APC haven`t really disappointed me at all.

Just keep away from the tires with HD...it`s better for wheel wells and engines.

I will be trying Wheel Brightener soon.

Check amazon.com before purchasing. They have great prices.

SpoiledMan
03-09-2005, 05:19 PM
You`re welcome! :)

I guess I will mention that I have the following products from the line:

Hyper Dressing

Body Solvent

Last Touch

Glass Cleaner

Safe Degreaser

APC

Older Line:

Citri-Gel (love this stuff!)

APC and APC+

S Dressing

SpoiledMan
03-09-2005, 05:20 PM
Sean, I don`t have any problems using HD on tires. What did you experience?

imported_DetailGirl
03-09-2005, 08:31 PM
They call me Adam Yauch but Im MCA! Sorry Beastie Boys coming out.

MCA, what ratio did you dilute the LT? I would assume that you have used other QD`s what would you say about LT in comparrison?

Thanks!

AutoNova
03-09-2005, 08:34 PM
Yeah, I always use HD on tires, works great.

imported_DetailGirl
03-09-2005, 08:44 PM
What would you say is the difference between the all season dressing and the hyper dressing?

travisdecpn
03-09-2005, 08:50 PM
HD is water-based, whereas ASD is solvent based and cannot be diluted. ASD is more durable on exterior trim and tires, but HD can be used on interior surfaces and in the engine compartment (but lacks UV protection).

imported_MCA
03-09-2005, 09:10 PM
Hehehe...nice Beastie Boys reference...MCA just happens to be my initials...perfect coincidence.

Anyways, as per the instructions I did not dilute my LT since I use it as a QD. It says you can dilute 1:1 if used as a clay lubricant (I haven`t had a chance to use it this way). I have EO WetWipeNShine, Wolfgang Instant Detail Spritz, Megs Quick Detailer, and Zaino Z-16 -- LT is a lot *thicker* than its competitors. My initial experience went kinda south. I applied like any other normal QD and this led to *a lot* of streaking. You have to apply an extremely thin/low amount to the surface...a little goes a long way. I bought the matching spray bottle and barely twist the spray cap open in order to get a fine mist.

In regards to look, LT provides a very nice warm gloss and only z-16 matches it in slickness (although I believe the slickness of zaino is mainly due to the z2pro). I would even venture to say that in my opinion, LT blurs the lines between a QD and a spray wax.

As a couple of final notes, LT is my choice for QD *if* i am not layering a sealant afterwards (I read somewhere and do believe that LT contains some carnauba...probably the reason for its slight thickness). I also plan on testing dilution rates and its respective performance during the spring. If you do purchase LT, remember to apply lightly. I hope this helps.

MCA

imported_DetailGirl
03-09-2005, 10:12 PM
MCA great info thanks. I still say to this day I have not found a better QD than Zaino`s.

I am torn between layerin some Klasse SG and topping with UPP again this summer or going with VM and UPP.

I am not sure what I am going to do quite yet. I got 30 days to decide before this God forsaken land called MN is thawed out enough to detail. I wish that I could find a great QD like Zaino or Clearkote that is around the $20 a gallon mark. I have a hard time shelling out almost $40 with shipping for the Clearkote QD.