PDA

View Full Version : By Hand

Crotch
03-08-2005, 11:25 PM
Alright, I`m new to this stuff, and sorry for the ignorant questions i will be asking in the future and seeing as how I`m a highschool senior about to go off to college, i don`t have the extra cash to spend on a PC. Anyways, my original question, is it impossible to get the great shine from just working with the bare hands? Cause waxing is one heck of a PITA w/ bare hands if you ask me

Thanks again guys(and gals)

lbls1
03-08-2005, 11:49 PM
No. With good technique (and of course very good products), you can get a knock out of a result via hand.

However, if your paint needs moderate prep work (meaning swirls, neglect, scratches) then it is more than a good idea to invest in a rotary or a pc.

Lowejackson
03-09-2005, 04:46 AM
I would tend to agree. The shine comes from the prep work but so much depends on the condition of your paint. If your paint is in excellent condition and you can keep it that way, you may not need a PC

You do not need a PC to make your car look good but my only regret with buying a PC was I should have bought one much sooner. It really can take the shine to another level. For the cost a full service or some tyres it really is a great investment.

colche
03-09-2005, 05:29 AM
you can get away by hand with LSP`s (in fact I prefer it) but I put the dividing line at the mild polish/chemical clean stage. Something like Klasse AIO, can go on either by hand or PC. Anything more abrasive... you would definately need a PC you`d be wasting your time otherwise.

So if you want proper prep, that is...an abrasive polish to remove swirls/scratches and micromarring and leave a fantastic shine -- I`d get a PC.