PDA

View Full Version : what do you dry with

Pages : [1] 2

holt
03-08-2005, 06:19 PM
i use the absorber chamois we have a work. probably not too smart of an idea because everyone else uses it too, but i`m thinking about buying a california water blade. it says that is causes less scratches than a towel. any thoughts?

joshcaro
03-08-2005, 06:25 PM
As a user of "The Absorber" for years and just up until this week trying out the Waffle Weave towel, I will NEVER go back to The Absorber. The WW Towel holds SOOOO much more water. I have the Monterey WW Towel from Exceldetail.com and I did my entire car without having to ring it out. After drying the entire car I wrung it out once to do my wheels. I was extremely impressed and the WW far exceeded what I thought it would do.

The water blade IMO, is too risky and I personally tried it out once and hated it.

III
03-08-2005, 08:28 PM
Use the search function and type in california water blade. You`ll get a lot of info. Like yourself, I also started off using the absorber because I never heard of waffle weaves until joining autopia and detail city. While the absorber did a fair job, I think waffle weaves are far better. Type in microfiber or waffle weave and you`ll get tons of threads. There are a lot of quality vendors out there that sell microfiber.

As far as the water blade goes I think you have to be careful just like anything else. I have the california water blade, but I only use it on my tonneau cover. I find that I don`t have that much water on the surface after using the sheeting technique to justify using the blade. The first time I used the water blade I put a 9 inch scratch in the wife`s bonneville. No, it wasn`t deep, but I could tell that the water blade did it. I would suggest that you swip the blade with your finger or towel after each swipe to make sure the blade is free of debris.

Welcome to autopia! There`s tons of knowledge to be learned here.

01bluecls
03-08-2005, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by CutNAction

As a user of "The Absorber" for years and just up until this week trying out the Waffle Weave towel, I will NEVER go back to The Absorber. The WW Towel holds SOOOO much more water. I have the Monterey WW Towel from Exceldetail.com and I did my entire car without having to ring it out. After drying the entire car I wrung it out once to do my wheels. I was extremely impressed and the WW far exceeded what I thought it would do.

The water blade IMO, is too risky and I personally tried it out once and hated it.

Never been found of the Absorber...find it too "grabby" on the paint and there are no "pockets" that WW`s have to catch any loose dirt on the surface.

I have the California water blade and ONLY use it on the windows. I use the waffle weave towel I ordered from Autopia but i think this spring i will be ordering some of Pakshak WW`s per everyone recommendations.

TW85 HHI
03-08-2005, 08:36 PM
Two waffle weaves, one large and one small.

I find the CWB too risky. I bought one to use on my car and now it has shower duty, which I will say it does a fine job at but there is little or no risk of scratching anything.

White95Max
03-08-2005, 08:51 PM
I have 4 big WWs from http://www.exceldetail.com

and 3 mini WWs for drying wheels. They all work excellent. I rarely need to use more than one WW to dry the entire car, but I always have an extra one (or 3 :p ) in case I have another car or two to wash that same day.

I used the CWB all of last year, and never had any problems with it. I haven`t decided whether I`ll use it this year or not. I`ll probably just go with the sheeting method instead, since there is no risk of scratching that way.

whiteowl
03-08-2005, 09:10 PM
one 14x14 microfiber and one large microfiber towel from target. The small towels at target are poor quality,but the large one is ok for drying about $6.00.

FlyingDog
03-08-2005, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by 01bluecls

... this spring i will be ordering some of Pakshak WW`s per everyone recommendations.

:xyxthumbs

imho --- the best collection of mf towels available.

BigAl3
03-08-2005, 09:41 PM
i too use waffle weave towels, and discovered the viking microfiber drying towel (don`t let the size fool you). it`s plush, and both sides are different (one side very plush, other fine). it`s softer than the any waffle weaves i own/felt, and it soaks up alot of water (the key is too sheet the water off with hose before drying). first i dry with the plush side, then the final wipe with the fine side. ----> http://www.autopia-carcare.com/vk-988400.html

MS22
03-08-2005, 10:29 PM
WWs from Pakshak, Winners Circle, and SMP. Also, for blowing water from mirrors and cracks a handy little motorcycle dryer from Harley-Davidson; $40 from the store, moves air at 3K meters/minute (~112.5mph), wonderdully small and quiet, and has a rubber and neoprene tip for saftey.

togwt
03-08-2005, 10:53 PM
â€Â¢Water blade- for glass surfaces

â€Â¢Drying with water- remove nozzle and â€Ëœsheet` water from surfaces

â€Â¢Vac N Blo vacuum unit- using the air delivery side (Blo)to dry what little water is left on the vehicle

â€Â¢Waffle Weave Towel- general drying

JonM

MelHal74
03-09-2005, 12:09 AM
I`ve seen the water blade put scratches on cars.. I`ll never have one touch my car. I used to use the absorber all the time. But I`m going to order a couple WW towels from pakshak this week.

Asonyexec
03-09-2005, 12:42 AM
I`ve been a fan and avid user of the Absorber for over 10 years. Sucks up tons of water, I don`t think any WW MF could compare, won`t scratch and for $10 it lasts for years. Typically I have an absorber in one hand and a nice fluffy terry towel in the other (not the terry towels you get at auto zone, bathroom quality terry)

03COBRA
03-09-2005, 01:09 AM
Originally posted by 02SonicBlueGT

I`ve seen the water blade put scratches on cars.. I`ll never have one touch my car. I used to use the absorber all the time. But I`m going to order a couple WW towels from pakshak this week.

Great choice on the PakShak WW towels, you will love them!

My first choice for drying is a Metro air dryer for motorcycles. It gets all of the water out of the cracks and no towels over the surface makes me a happy camper. I then follow that step up with some Adam`s Detail Spray and a clean MF towel!

Second choice, PakShak WW 25x36 towel. Then follow it up with some Adam`s Detail Spray and a clean MF towel

EnduroExpertFSR
03-09-2005, 03:51 AM
i have a pakshak WW and love it i drive a 1997 f250 in the avatar and it will dry my entire truck without needing to be wrung out