PDA

View Full Version : Souverän question...

David703
03-08-2005, 04:20 PM
I was over in click and brag........ and someones black BMW looks unbelievably awesome and he said it was the Souverän, among other things....

My question is this>>> I thought wax doesnt add to the shine, it just protects.... at least that is what i thought after searching and reading many posts here. Can someone shed some light on this for me before i spend more money.. Thanks.

raymond_ho2002
03-08-2005, 04:31 PM
The carnauba wax by itself doesn`t shine, but "car wax" is composed of several things, including oils that produce shine. Most people who have used souveran swear by it. Personally, I`ve used it and see little difference between it and other lower-priced products.

travisdecpn
03-08-2005, 04:45 PM
It`s all in the prep work. If you have put time into removing the defects from the surface, then the wax can help to deepen the color and add some additional gloss.

DCT
03-08-2005, 05:32 PM
Well, it`s often been said that there are a few waxes that are 90 to 95% as good as Souveran, at half the price or less........ and I would agree. Having said that, if you have a dark colored vehicle that is well prepped and you want that "5% - 10%" more............. Souveran will probably give it to you!

Only you can decide if that "little" extra is worth the price. A great LSP will add "something" to even the best prepped paint. Sure, it may not add a lot........... but every little bit adds up!

David703
03-08-2005, 07:06 PM
is the liquid equal to the paste?

Bobby G
03-08-2005, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by David703

is the liquid equal to the paste?

No... they are two very different products.

togwt
03-08-2005, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by David703

I was over in click and brag........ and someones black BMW looks unbelievably awesome and he said it was the Souverän, among other things....

My question is this>>> I thought wax doesnt add to the shine, it just protects.... at least that is what i thought after searching and reading many posts here. Can someone shed some light on this for me before i spend more money.. Thanks.

Polymer Sealant- (provides durable protection)-A non-organic based wax formulated from polymer, that is used to seal paint with a thin hard barrier. They are very durable and provide a very bright, but flat silvery shine. This type of product is a compromise as it does provide durability but lacks the properties of a Carnauba wax lacking both colour and depth, and because of a polymer`s inherent molecular structure it cannot mimic the properties of a Carnauba wax

Carnauba Wax- (provides a sacrificial but renewable protection)-A natural wax repellent, it forms a barrier that is a natural protection from the suns UV radiation, acid rain, airborne pollutants and acidic bird droppings, it provides Colour, Depth and Clarity that is without equal, but lacks durability.

JonM