PDA

View Full Version : Foam Gun and 303 products experiment

opass
03-08-2005, 03:01 PM
What a great tool, the shower foam gun, http://store.yahoo.com/easonr/showerfoamgun.html

Less buckets to use, less work (soaking the mitts with shampoo)

No more over flow suds when mixing in the bucket.

More time to focus rinsing the wash mitts (means less marring)

More shampoo to work with boar`s hair brush (BHH does not absorb much shampoo ).

303 aerospace protectant did provide the right amount of shine for the E320`s dash board and plastic area (not too much shine or oily finish). Leather is little bit shinny for my taste but others are saying "good" looking. Will try on Porsche with full leather option for another look.

Bill D
03-08-2005, 03:33 PM
To reduce the shiny appearance you can always follow by buffing with a mf or terry. I personally used a thick terry folded for this.

04Runner
03-08-2005, 03:58 PM
What`d you use in the foam gun?

opass
03-08-2005, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by 04Runner

What`d you use in the foam gun?

Meg Gold Class.

When spraying foam on the car, remind me the local car wash by machine. :cool:

Bill D..........Thanks for the advise. The follow up by the mf towel did help. I wiped it down half of the leather area and lelft the rest untouch for testing. My 986s will benefit the most from the 303 UV protection. :up

Bill D
03-08-2005, 04:10 PM
:up

Accumulator
03-08-2005, 04:41 PM
opass- Glad to hear the showerfoam gun is working out for you.

You might find your 303 products behave differently on the Porsche than they did on the Benz. Just have to see what you think.

opass
03-08-2005, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by Accumulator

You might find your 303 products behave differently on the Porsche than they did on the Benz. Just have to see what you think.

Very truth....according to the old posts in regard about 303 final finishing look, it is all about the material that is used on. I really wish it will work out. The sun in California really cooking the oil out from the car. Need all the protection

BTW.... I am expecting package from Zaino arrive today. Plus, Souveran kit, PB PWC, SSR and SSS come on sometimes next week. :bounce

opass
03-08-2005, 06:51 PM
The 986s looked awesome. The 303 made the boxster red leather slightly darker with matt shine. It had not been looking this good for long time. Let`s see a long term performance for this product. It is a garage queen, so once a month should be enough.

BTW.....easy to use. Just wipe to dry no buffing needed. I guess the MB`s black leather reflect shine more than red color. :up

AutoNova
03-08-2005, 08:42 PM
With these foam guns would it be needed to use an inexpensive car wash? I use Hyper Wash currently but is so concentrated 400:1, I wonder if a gun like this would work? I mean with Hyper you only use like 1oz per gallon or less. Would this gun work with a highly concentrated soap?

Is this a good price?

opass
03-08-2005, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by AutoNova

With these foam guns would it be needed to use an inexpensive car wash? I use Hyper Wash currently but is so concentrated 400:1, I wonder if a gun like this would work? I mean with Hyper you only use like 1oz per gallon or less. Would this gun work with a highly concentrated soap?

Is this a good price?

My foam gun will allow the setting from 1oz per gallon to 12 oz per gallon. (5 setting)

AutoNova
03-09-2005, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by opass

My foam gun will allow the setting from 1oz per gallon to 12 oz per gallon. (5 setting)

what do you have?

opass
03-09-2005, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by AutoNova

what do you have?

For my toy that only drive on weekend and garage and use expensive shampoo, I use the 1oz per gallon. Other daily car will use 2oz per gallon for PB SSS. ($39 per gallon)

For extreme non-marring washing technique created by Accumulator, set at 12oz per gallonhttp://www.autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=35232 , use max 12oz per gallon.

stevet
03-09-2005, 01:08 PM
303 isn`t a product that you apply and just leave. It has to be buffed for it to work properly. This came right from 303 customer care.