PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only one??

Pages : [1] 2

ExplorerXLT95
03-08-2005, 02:48 PM
I seem to be the only person in the world who likes Klasse better than Zaino.

I`m not sure why, but I can only describe Zaino`s appearance (especially on light colored cars) as a muted, flat shine. On the other hand, Klasse on every single car I`ve ever seen it on has a deep, wet look and amplified shine/reflectivity.

Let alone the fact that Zaino requires 5 different products to work properly before even really getting to the "adding more layers" step. Whereas, Klasse is AIOx1 (2 if you`re a nutcase like myself) and then HGSGxhowevermanyyouwant.

I am just trying to figure out if I`m the only one who likes Klasse better than Zaino, when comparing the two.

I am not trying to product bash, I am just trying to figure out whether I`m crazy or not.

Am I? :confused: :nixweiss

scottabir
03-08-2005, 03:00 PM
If you like Klasse better than zaino it doesnt mean you are crazy it just means you like Klasse better. If we all liked the same look from the same products we wouldnt have much to talk about then ;)

whiteowl
03-08-2005, 03:12 PM
Every time I think I don`t like zaino I put more on. I have recently tryed some automagic.com products. I put the bananna magic wax over my 3 layers of zaino. WOW what a reflection on a dark brn vehicle. I have a lot of the auto magic products to try. I like the prices for sure,I bought about 12 products delivered to the house for $83.00. I would like to get away from the cost of zaino products. So far I am happy with the auto magic product I did use. I also have$60.00 WAX on hand that I did not find all that special over zaino.

ExplorerXLT95
03-08-2005, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by scottabir

If you like Klasse better than zaino it doesnt mean you are crazy it just means you like Klasse better. If we all liked the same look from the same products we wouldnt have much to talk about then ;)

True. Very true.

Originally posted by dwhite815

Every time I think I don`t like zaino I put more on. I have recently tryed some automagic.com products. I put the bananna magic wax over my 3 layers of zaino. WOW what a reflection on a dark brn vehicle. I have a lot of the auto magic products to try. I like the prices for sure,I bought about 12 products delivered to the house for $83.00. I would like to get away from the cost of zaino products. So far I am happy with the auto magic product I did use. I also have$60.00 WAX on hand that I did not find all that special over zaino.

I don`t know. I still haven`t seen anything that compares to a AIO/SGx2/PSx2 car (especially on black, at least).

I guess I`m juts highly biased. :nixweiss

buzzb
03-08-2005, 05:46 PM
I like Klasse and I like Zaino as well. If I want to put on two or three layers at one time and be done with it, I can do that with Zaino. With any other system, you`d have to wait 24hrs, wash the car again (if driven), apply sealant, wait 24hrs, wash, apply sealant, etc. Every car can benefit from wash, clay (if it`s been awhile), and proper prep before the LSP. Also, recommendations are just that they are not required IMO. I have had good results with both products not following every recommendation. Bottomline- if you are happy, that`s all that matters.

vdog0531
03-08-2005, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by ExplorerXLT95

I seem to be the only person in the world who likes Klasse better than Zaino.

I`m not sure why, but I can only describe Zaino`s appearance (especially on light colored cars) as a muted, flat shine. On the other hand, Klasse on every single car I`ve ever seen it on has a deep, wet look and amplified shine/reflectivity.

Let alone the fact that Zaino requires 5 different products to work properly before even really getting to the "adding more layers" step. Whereas, Klasse is AIOx1 (2 if you`re a nutcase like myself) and then HGSGxhowevermanyyouwant.

I am just trying to figure out if I`m the only one who likes Klasse better than Zaino, when comparing the two.

I am not trying to product bash, I am just trying to figure out whether I`m crazy or not.

not tryin to sound negative at all, just gettin a feel for your expereience, what products have you used besides the Klasse twins on a regular basis?

Vernon

Am I? :confused: :nixweiss

ExplorerXLT95
03-08-2005, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by vdog0531

not tryin to sound negative at all, just gettin a feel for your expereience, what products have you used besides the Klasse twins on a regular basis?

Vernon

I`ve used Zaino ONCE before, not on a regular basis. It was a friend`s.

I haven`t used any other sealants though. I realize I am throwing a lot of bias into my opinion of Klasse, but I was just trying to see if anyone else is as big a fan of it, compared to Zaino, as me.

I guess you might argue that I haven`t given Zaino a fair shake. But I`ve seen it in person on many other people`s cars and, as I said, I have used it once. :nixweiss

imported_Burlyq
03-08-2005, 07:03 PM
I would say you might have a valid argument before the new Z2pro. Klasse SG, despite it`s ills, had a deeper look than the old z2. However, the new Z2pro is as deep and wet as anything out there and is very easy to use. I`m not sure why you think it takes 5 products, i often use Z2 and ZFX and that`s it and I get a mirror shine. Zaino is always upgrading and klasse has the same streaking formula w/o a detailer as they always have. If it wasn`t for AIO, which is the best chemical cleaner out there, klasse would be bankrupted. It sounds like you like Klasse so you should stick with it if it works for you. I used to use SG in some situations when a customer would prefer that look, but since the new Pro I will probably never use SG again, in fact I have a full bottle of SG available for trade or sell. here`s the latest Z2Pro detail on Black of all things.

http://autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=506050#post506050

ExplorerXLT95
03-08-2005, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by Burlyq

I would say you might have a valid argument before the new Z2pro. Klasse SG, despite it`s ills, had a deeper look than the old z2. However, the new Z2pro is as deep and wet as anything out there and is very easy to use. I`m not sure why you think it takes 5 products, i often use Z2 and ZFX and that`s it and I get a mirror shine.

I was referring to starting from scratch on an un-prepped car and including the Z7 wash and Z6 spray. I apologize. It is at least ZFX or Z1, Z2, and Z5, right? You`ll have to excuse me I haven`t used the Zaino system in quite a long while.

I was unaware of the upgrade of Z2. As I said before, I guess I haven`t given Zaino a fair shake lately. But Klasse has always worked perfect for me.

Maybe I`ll give it a try when I run out of AIO, SG and Souveran. :xyxthumbs

Bill D
03-08-2005, 07:49 PM
I was wondering if there would be any benefit to the new Z2 /ZFX application topped with Souveran. I`m pretty much using the same Klasse-Souveran regimen as Sean currently.

imported_Burlyq
03-08-2005, 07:56 PM
No problem I took no offense to anything you`ve said. I personally only used Z5 on dark cars as a base for extra sunscreen protection, for customers who would pay for an extra charge. They say Z5 has hiding abilities but I personally think it doesn`t have much, anything Zaino needs to have a well preped surface. The z5 was thicker than the old Z2, but with the new Pro, I don`t think Z5 is necessary unless they upgrade that too, unless you have very minor swirls to hide. You don`t need Z7 but it is nice, any wash will do. Z6 is a great product, but it is not necessarily necessary, you can put a Zaino shine w/o it. However, it sure makes it easy to put a spritz of Z6 when removing residue of Pro, and I always dilute it 50/50 with water and one bottle seams to go a long way. It`s nice to have an accompanying detailer for maintenance too, it often saves me from having to wash my car.

You can also use Zaino on top of AIO and it even looks a bit deeper. I haven`t compared Pro to SG in looks, I personally don`t think there is a big difference from sealant to sealant in looks. I think for me the difference is durabilty, ease of use, and instant cure. I think SG is close to as durable as Z but is harder to use and doesn`t have an instantg cure, that`s why I prefer Z. SG is kinds nice because you don`t have to add anything and the 16 oz bottle will probably do 40 cars, so it is economical. It`s all about what your trying to accomplish. SG and AIO will run you about 37 bucks at Auotpiacarcare and will probably do as much as two bottles of Z2pro and ZFX which would be about 50 bucks, so it`s more economical.

Bottom line is you asked a question if you were crazy for liking Klasse Better than Zaino, and I would say your not crazy at all, both have their strong points. I just wanted to clarify the misconception that keeps coming up that Zaino takes X-number of products and is hard to use, because that is not the case for me at all.

Originally posted by Bill D

I was wondering if there would be any benefit to the new Z2 /ZFX application topped with Souveran.

I would say the only benefit is that you can top it with your Souveran immediatly with a cured surface, whereas you might want to wait 24 hours to top SG.

imported_memnuts
03-08-2005, 08:11 PM
ExplorerXLT95 consider yourself lucky. You have found a product line that satisfies your detailing desires and visual needs. I have found the same satisfaction with Zaino after searching and trying and re-trying many product line.

I find peace knowing that I have found a product line that has dulled that craving for the "next best thing" that all Autopian suffer from. That why we come back to Autopia day after day to make sure that the "next-best-logical-thing" has not surfaced. :D

You`re not crazy, just satisfied. :xyxthumbs

tripper_11
03-08-2005, 08:48 PM
I`ve got that satisfaction neither with the Klasse or Z2 Pro alone. But both of them. For me, the Klasse AIO + Z2 Pro is the killer combo that Autopia had taught me.

If there would be one product that Zaino could have missed, I guess it`s the Zaino version of AIO or any chemical cleaner for that matter. An abrassive cleaner is not necessary as there have already been a myriad of polish available.

And no! You`re not crazy for liking or preferring Klasse over Zaino. You`ve just found satisfaction in the Klasse line just as I did with the Klasse+Zaino combo.

NPG
03-08-2005, 09:03 PM
I like Klasse Twins better. I haven`t tried Zaino yet, but Zaino requires more products to buy and mix. I`ve read they produce similar results regarding protection, shine and durability. So I`m with Klasse :up

Bobby G
03-08-2005, 09:28 PM
I just wish that Sal would put an AIO-like product in his line. I think that a pre-cleaner is a necessary step 2-3 times a year, and why not clean/seal in one step? I think this is a big hole in the Zaino system.

Sorry, Sal... we`ve talked about this one before!