PDA

View Full Version : Waterspots on hard black plastic??

vprdak
03-08-2005, 12:46 PM
So i was wondering the other day... The grill on my truck has hard black plastic inserts, as do most everyone elses... Well these inserts hold a bit of water sometimes and of course waterspots form.... What is the best way to remove these waterspots?? Surely it is possible.

togwt
03-10-2005, 07:01 AM
A solution (literally) 1:1 Isopropyl alcohol / distilled water, followed by a plastic / vinyl dressing (Autoglym Bumper Care)

JonM

audipower
03-11-2005, 01:20 AM
after togwt says start using Back to Black by Mothers. I`ve been using that stuff for about 7 years and it keeps my interior black looking new. No stains or fading at all.

salty
03-11-2005, 01:31 AM
Vinegar?

imported_Burlyq
03-11-2005, 02:33 AM
First, I`d try a vinegar if you had it laying around. Then i`d try this stuff, it`s like AIO for hard plastic, note is I like to follow this up with Z16 for a great finish and better protection. 20% of this stuff for the this month here, check good deals section. I don`t know why they market this as a cockpit cleaner it works great on exterior plastic, it`s a plastic restore in a bottle, it just needs to be finished with a good shine product.

http://www.autopia-carcare.com/kla-vlrp.html