PDA

View Full Version : mothers clay

cruiser075
03-08-2005, 02:48 AM
Has anyone tried the Mothers California Gold clay bar kit, I was just wondering what peoples thoughts on it were, ie how good did it work, ease of use & value for money? Thanks in advance:D

01bluecls
03-08-2005, 02:53 AM
I use it. I can get it locally which is a big plus. The actual claybar is good itself, and plus you get the Detail spray and little cleaner wax. I usually give the detail spray and wax away to people`s whom cars I detail as "gifts."

imported_dpeezy415
03-08-2005, 03:00 AM
Check the reviews on it. I like it a lot. The clay works excellent. I carry the QD in my trunk for spot detailing on the road. The cleaner wax is collecting dust as I have yet to use it. I`ll probably try it when I`m bored (I`ve got a ton of other stuff to try).

Locally for me it`s either Clay Magic, Mother`s or Megs. I actually go with the Clay Magic since it`s cheaper. I use soapy water as a lube anyway so not having the QD is ok. I heard the Megs is not good so I haven`t tried it yet. Time will tell.

However, if you`re looking for a decent QD and would like to try the cleaner wax, then Mother`s is for you.

Alfisti
03-08-2005, 07:01 AM
The Mothers clay is one of the better ones. So is the QD, and so is the cleaner wax.

Basically, you`ve got one of the better kits around.

White95Max
03-08-2005, 07:16 AM
I really like the Mothers clay. I was able to get the 3 bars for $21 deal when it was available online. That price has since been retracted.

I also carry the Showtime QD with me in the car during the warm months.

NEW AGAIN
03-08-2005, 08:45 AM
AutoMagic clay bar is better [blue]

Artificial-I
03-08-2005, 11:57 AM
http://autopia.org/forums/search.php?s=&action=showresults&searchid=797809&sortby=lastpost&sortorder=descending

I thought to myself how many topics there probably are on this one. So I did a search for specific threads made specifically for it....and I was right there is a ton on it.

Just use the search next time before making a post. You will answer your questions quicker.

But just to not waste space. Yeah the mothers kit is nice. Iam in love with the detail spray. That cinnamon smell is very nice. If you have smelled the meguiars weird smell is not appealing, at least to me. Your going to be getting hit in the face with this smell for a good while. From spraying to rubbing it all around your car.

So just that alone to me makes the mothers kit worth it. Also its really the only kit I have available to me locally so im fine with that.

steck
03-08-2005, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by Alfisti

The Mothers clay is one of the better ones. So is the QD, and so is the cleaner wax.

Basically, you`ve got one of the better kits around.

ditto that ^^^

cruiser075
03-08-2005, 07:50 PM
Thanks eveyone for your info, one of the biggest reasons I looked at this kit is it is available locally & its also on special at the moment at my local parts shop, But from ive just read it sounds like its also a pretty good kit & im looking forward to trying it.