PDA

View Full Version : NXT Glass Cleaner

RCBuddha
03-08-2005, 01:59 AM
http://www.showcarshine.com/product_files/G13324.jpg

I bought a bottle from Pepboys today and here is my review:

Price

Good, I got mine on sale for $3.98, usually $4.99, so it is priced similar to the E.O. 20/20....

Packaging

Good, the bottle has the same shape as the tech wax, not too big in my hands, not too little. Graphics are well done, claims to be streak free and have an "anti-hazing" formula.

Performance

Followed the instructions, sprayed, spread, and then wiped clean. Here`s what came about:

Pros:

Spray nozzle puts out a fine mist. :up

No streaking, but a little on a window that was heating up from the sun.

Cons:

Took a little effort for my WW to wipe the glass clean, switched to a plush MF, and same result

Wasn`t able to test the "anti-hazing" but i`ll update when i have some testing done.

Final Verdict

To be honest, i`m not too impressed with the product. It does make for clean glass, but it didn`t have the "wow" factor that i thought it might have. It also smells suspiciously like their consumer QD (in the maroon bottle), but is not as oily. I think i`ll be sticking to 20/20 or Sprayway for now.

EDIT: I`ve recently re-tried this product, this time with a bottle that produces a finer mist. Much better results. I still think 20/20 is a bit stronger in cleaning power, but NXT works very well.

as always, YMMV, this review is IMHO,and take this review FWIW....

BigAl3
03-08-2005, 02:15 AM
i`m with you on this one. i`ll stick to stoners invisible glass! :xyxthumbs

Pats300zx
03-08-2005, 05:59 AM
I actually found the complete opposite. I used the new NXT glass cleaner with a new Pakshak glass cleaning towel. I have been a die hard IG user.

I really liked how these products worked together. Very easy to use and no streaking whatsoever.

I have been a die hard IG user. The Pakshak Glass MF and the NXT Glass Cleaner is my new go to glass cleaning combo.

:xyxthumbs

AutoNova
03-08-2005, 08:25 AM
I find that the Meguiar`s Glass Cleaner concentrate is really the best window cleaner on the market and the best bang for the buck. Using 2 MF to apply and wipe off I have never had any streaking problems.

Scottwax
03-08-2005, 08:12 PM
I saw that at Pep Boys the other day, but as good as Eagle 20/20 is (and for a dollar less) I didn`t pick it up. I may in the future to test it out but it would have to be noticably better for me to pay more than I am now.

EBPcivicsi
03-08-2005, 08:20 PM
In the way of retail glass cleaners I have always been a fan of EO 20/20. Sprayway has also been good to me, but I have to tell you, using a plush MF I find the NXT GC to be superior. It is now my go to glass cleaner. I find that it leaves the glass really slick, which for me is huge plus. Some glass cleaners almost make the MF "grip" too much casuing it roll into a ball. The NXT glas cleaner does not do this and allows the MF to glide easily across the surface.

SilverLexus
03-08-2005, 08:23 PM
I have to try this. I like Stoners and 1Z Scheibenklar a lot. I got my 4 pack of IG at Sam`s today for $9.77.

01bluecls
03-08-2005, 08:34 PM
I may try it out. I LOVE stoners IG. I have used Eagle One 20/20 but found IG to be superior IMO.