PDA

View Full Version : Ex and ex-p questions

RonTL
03-07-2005, 11:03 PM
I just bought some VM and im going to buy ex and ex-p. Im going to use the ex for dark cars and ex-p for light cars (it seems that`s what most people on here do). Is this correct?

the only wax that I have right now is NXT.

I would like to know whats a good topper, if any, to use over VM/ex or VM/ex-p. I was thinking of s100 since its cheaper than p21s and Souverän.

Also, whats a good wax to put on wheels. I was thinking of getting AIO. Would VM be good for this, or would it not last very long, because of the heat from the wheels.

Also, what glass cleaner does everyone use. What`s everyones take on Eagle one 20/20.

thanks, Ronnie

wannafbody
03-07-2005, 11:05 PM
S100 is very popular-some like Poorboys Natty`s as well

Sveta
03-08-2005, 12:02 AM
I`ve topped VM/EX-P with S100, #16, Natty`sWax and Carnauba Moose. S100 was by far the easiest to use, #16 lasts and looks just as good as S100 on light and Natty`sWax seemed a bit easier to use then #16, but still a very nice wax. Carnauba Moose Wax was easy to use and lasts. I like them all in their own way and would be telling an untruth if I said one was much better then the others.

I use AIO on wheels. I wonder about durability w/o SG, etc.

I`m pretty sure it`s a better choice then VM. I`m still looking for a "great one step" to use on wheels. Poorboy Polish with Carnauba maybe?

Glass cleaner? Soap/wash entire car and then VM... or, distilled water and MF if lightly dirty between washings. MAYBE if the bug suicide rate is high, some Turtle Wax glass cleaner.:nixweiss I really don`t use a dedicated "glass cleaner" much at all anymore.

Scottwax
03-08-2005, 12:07 AM
Nattys for light colored cars and Carnauba Moose (or if you want to splurge, Souveran) for dark paint.

If you only want to get one wax and durability is important, then #16.

Eagle 20/20 is my glass cleaner for interior glass and also exterior when just doing wash jobs. I use VM or AIO on exterior glass when doing details.

RonTL
03-08-2005, 12:50 PM
I think Ill go with Natty`s and carnauba moose since both scottwax and martygrant likes them.

So i guess vm/ex-p/natty`s on light cars

and vm/ex/carnauba moose on dark cars

Ill just try them and see what happens. Well, have to buy them first.

Thanks for the replies, you guys(and gals) are just awsome.