PDA

View Full Version : First time UPP user

ntoddalbert
03-07-2005, 09:48 PM
I have read many a post saying how great this product is but never bought it because I already have a great sealant in Klasse.

Recently I noticed it was on sale and picked some up. Today was a balmy 56F here so I decided to give it a whirl. With the last few months being kinda busy with my Mom`s cancer and things going from bad to real bad this past weekend I needed something to take my mind of things and what better way to lose yourself.

I didn`t have the time to properly prep so no polish or clay, im going on top of 4 week old S100, not much if anything left by now.

The product didn`t really seem all that revolutionary when I sniffed it, some PD and kinda thick. Boy was I wrong, this is great stuff.

After applying a thin coat to the entire car and wheels I let it set for about 30 minutes. I removed on the wheels first and was pleasantly surprised at just how slick this stuff is, nice reflections too.

After removing one or two panels I had decided this is my new favorite product. As easy on and off as anything I have ever used. Slick Slick Slick is all I can say. I was drawing stares at the entrace to the Lincon Tunner as a felt my roof and door in traffic.

I haven`t been a happy guy lately but this product brought a smile to my face and the chance to get to detail this time of the year made my day.

If anyone has any tips for using this product I would love to hear them. Im also curious on durability, if this stuff lasts im sold.

05Sleeper
03-07-2005, 09:50 PM
SOunds like it is time to add another coat!!! :D

EBPcivicsi
03-07-2005, 09:53 PM
Great product for me too. I have personally seen UPP go for 4+ months in the summer AND winter here in Memphis. That is with at least weekly washings with either QEW or a traditional NXt wash.

Not sure what type of durability you will get applying it over 4 week old s100, but keep us posted. I find that UPP works best over UPC or AIO. FWIW, when using UPP I prefer UPC.

kartoon
03-07-2005, 09:57 PM
FalconGuy, I hope that things will work out for you.

I`m glad you had a good experience with UPP. I`ll be trying it myself in the near future.

ntoddalbert
03-08-2005, 09:25 AM
Kartoon, if your local let me know and I will send you a sample.... Im in Bergen Cty

mgm2003
03-08-2005, 10:04 AM
I`ve tried a lot of combo`s and on dark finishes in decent shape I like UPC, UPP x 1 , EX or EX-P x 1, topped with Natty`s wax.

JeffM
03-08-2005, 11:03 AM
I also recently tried UPP, i love it :)

Put some on the trim around the windows after you AIO, outstanding !

VictoryRed
03-08-2005, 11:09 AM
I love 4*UPP. AIO and 4*UPP looks better than zaino. And I used to be a zaino nut.

crobinso
03-08-2005, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by FalconGuy

If anyone has any tips for using this product I would love to hear them. Im also curious on durability, if this stuff lasts im sold. Welcome to the 4 Star Club! I put some UPP on my car in November. It does begin to fade after about a month. But then I put some 4 Star Spray Wax Carnauba Quick Wipe on the car in December. I haven`t used anything on the car since, and the shine, oh, the shine!

You don`t have to apply and let it sit. You can wipe on, wipe off with the same results, thus saving you some time.

Charles

wannafbody
03-08-2005, 11:55 AM
sometimes the best self help therapy is to do something you enjoy to get your mind off your problems

Accumulator
03-08-2005, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by FalconGuy

If anyone has any tips for using this product I would love to hear them. Im also curious on durability, if this stuff lasts im sold.

Glad to hear you like the UPP so much. Only real tip I have is to put it on thin, as in KSG/Zaino thin. I like to let it set up for a while, but as you can see some people do fine with w-o-w-o.

I find the extreme slickness can drop off after a while, but it`s still going strong protection/looks-wise. Some people use the 4* UGE spray but I generally just apply another coat of UPP when the slickness drops off too much.

imported_The Uncle
03-08-2005, 01:39 PM
I love 4* UPP and am a convert from KSG. Until I discovered UPP, I was using KSG topped with S100. I like how UPP looks on my Silver Blue Acura much better.

The 4* UGE spray goes well, and definitely enhances the shine. I use it after every wash, and the the car just seems to shine. But, like Accumulator, I like to throw a new coat of UPP on whenever it stops feeling slick.