PDA

View Full Version : Need a little help

05Sleeper
03-07-2005, 06:41 PM
What do you like to use on silver and what properties does it give it? Reflective, or does it make the metallic stand out?

I am looking for the deep, wett shine (which is hard to get, i know...) But I have the following products:

Klasse AIO

4*UPP

4*UGE

4* Wash

EO Wet N Wipe

Is there something I am missing? Would you add anything to this list? Some FP or VM maybe?

I just want to know what the best of you here use.

Pictures would be good if you have them, too.:bow

togwt
03-07-2005, 06:58 PM
A silver metallic paint surface- wanted a deep wet shine.

Nothing is impossible (although this comes real close)

A light coloured metallic will produce a `bright` shine (because of its inherent light reflective properties)

I would suggest- Wash, clay, AIO, polish, a polymer sealant and a Carnauba wax LSP.

JonM

hirosh
03-07-2005, 07:07 PM
yeah, i agree with Jon. a carnauba topper would probably be the way to go to get a deep wet shine. maybe a combo like Poorboy`s EX w/carnauba topped with Natty`s Wax? or maybe another sealant that has a carnauba look topped with a nice wax?

if you do find a good combo that makes silver deep and wet, please post it! :)

05Sleeper
03-07-2005, 07:14 PM
What about a procuct like VM or Blackfire?

hirosh
03-07-2005, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by 05Sleeper

What about a procuct like VM or Blackfire?

i only have experience with VM, EX w/carnauba, and Natty`s. VM is a nice base that leaves the paint looking nice and wet.

i don`t have any experience with blackfire so i`m not sure if VM will work with the Blackfire, that is, cause streaking, bonding issues, etc etc.

*edit - you may want to check out this post (http://autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=25072)

the silver looks quite wet under that lighting condition.

Accumulator
03-07-2005, 07:41 PM
Of the products you listed I greatly prefer UPP. I find that AIO can sometimes mute silver a little, taking away some of the "pop" that makes well-detailed silver look so good.

I`d *really* concentrate on the prep. Besides getting all the marring out (use different light sources so you don`t miss any), I like to further "burnish" (lightly polish) with the "pro" version of 1Z`s UPP (others like Menzerna FP). When I think it`s absolutely perfect, I do it some more :D Eventually it gets to where the finish has both depth and sharp reflections, and the metallic can be literally blinding in bright sunlight. At that point I apply a few coats of UPP, at least 24 hours apart.

I`ve use many different products on a lot of different silvers, and the above gave me a special look (on Audi silver) that I`ve never seen before. But note that this is a very hard paint and others might respond differently to your polishing. You just have to find the right combo of products and procedures for *your* particular paint and how *you* want it to look. FWIW, I just stumbled upon *my* favorite regimen quite unexpectedly after many years of doing other things.

holland_patrick
03-07-2005, 08:04 PM
>Look here for some silver action..

http://autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=51066

05Sleeper
03-07-2005, 08:57 PM
That Zaino car looks incredible!

As far as the AIO. I have read that it should be a great base for many other things. I have also heard that the VM leaves a great "wett" look too, but I am not sure if I can use the AIO and VM at the same time. Is it possible? Also, How can I differentiate between the two?

I need samples!!!! LOL this way I can try the AIO, UPP, VM, Blackfire, and Zaino

05Sleeper
03-07-2005, 09:09 PM
I can not believe how many really good product choices i have!!!

Can someone tell me what the difference in appearance would be between the following combo`s:

FP, AIO, UPP

FP, VM, UPP

FP, VM, UPP, CMW

FP, Blackfire

Zaino

I hope this is not a silly question...

Thanks again guys!

05Sleeper
03-08-2005, 06:03 AM
Anyone?