PDA

View Full Version : First Time Using PC

imported_DennisH
03-07-2005, 01:24 PM
First weekend with the PC and some of my experiences. Started out with SSR 2 and a green pad set at 4.5. Car was a 1998 Grand Prix GTP with dark green paint. To my knowledge this car has never been wax unless in was in a drive thru car wash but the paint was not all that bad. Since this was the first time using my PC I was a little gun shy of using the orange pad. Put a couple of shots of QD and circle of SSR 2 on the pad â€â€œ found that to be way too much product. Tried for about 30 minute to get a break down with no luck. After several fails I ended up using about quarter spot. Took several hours to compete the entire car. I end the day with plans to finish on Sunday.

Sunday the car was cover in dust to I did a quick wash, which removed most of the SSR2 that was left on the surface. Went to the Blue pad with SSR Finial Finish and complete the entire car. We wiped off what was left SSR Finial Finishâ€â€œ Would it be better just to rewash the car? We were going to do AIO but since it was late we decided to skip in and went straight to 4 Star â€â€œ we put it on by hand and used the PC with a polish bonnet to take it off. Did this to get the feel of using the PC before moving on to my hotrods.

Should you wash the car between different level polishes and before applying sealants?

When using Polishes are they any reason to clay?

Is the blue pad the correct pad of applying sealants?

What kind of downward pressure should you use when using sealants and polishes?

raymond_ho2002
03-07-2005, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by DennisH

Should you wash the car between different level polishes and before applying sealants?

Nope. Some people wash after finishing all polishing and before using zaino sealant, but other zaino users find this unnecessary and just use klasse AIO.

When using Polishes are they any reason to clay?

Claying before polishing will pull out contaminants that would otherwise be ground into your paint when you polish. Claying also leaves a smoother surface, which means that you use less polishes and wax.

What kind of downward pressure should you use when using sealants and polishes?

Polishes: lean on the machine just to the point where it starts bogging down, and ease up with every pass to the point where you let the machine work under it`s on weight on the final passes.

Sealants: Never applied sealants using the PC, but if I were to, I would just use the machine`s weight.

rollman
03-07-2005, 06:37 PM
There`s no need to wash between steps . Clay before you polish . I don`t know who`s blue pad you have so I`ll skip that question. Usually I apply my sealants by hand with a microfiber or foam pad and take it off with a microfiber towel .

I do apply AIO with the PC and a blue Edge pad. When working with Poorboys SSR polishes try not to use so much on the pad. What I do is squirt 3 dime size dots at 1,5 and 9 O`clock on the pad. Not much product ,you can always add more but working to much at one time can be a mess and take forever.

Wash

Clay

Polish

Sealant

Topper if you so desire.