PDA

View Full Version : More depth with paste?

Pages : [1] 2

termigator
03-06-2005, 11:07 PM
I was at autogeek.net and came across Souveran Liquid with a technical note at the bottom. It said that you don`t get as much depth with liquid waxes as opposed to paste waxes. (except for Souveran Liquid, of course!) Is that really true or is it just their way of getting you to buy Souveran Liquid?:confused:

SilverLexus
03-06-2005, 11:16 PM
It is true. Paste Souveran looks better...I find paste waxes in fact always look better...it may have to do with what solvents or chemicals are required to get the mix into liquid form.

lbls1
03-06-2005, 11:58 PM
It may have some truth to it. I was a liquid wax guru not that long ago. I hated anything that even had a hint of abrasion to it.

After seeing the awe inspiring resolution of two of my favorite paste glazes, you can rest assure that my over the counter, bargain liquid carnauba days are long gone.

RCBuddha
03-07-2005, 12:03 AM
I disagree, I have noticed no discernable difference in look b/w a paste and liquid. Compare two different brands, e.g. Nattys v. S100, and yes, i can see a difference. The difference b/w say #26 paste v. #26 liquid, I couldn`t tell the diff. :nixweiss

YMMV...

imported_liam
03-07-2005, 04:54 AM
just touching on that solvent issue.

i think the reason paste waxes *offer* (to some) more depth is that they have a greater content of carnuba. to make a naturally hard wax (carnuba) a liquid/paste, they need to apply solvents to the mix. obviously a liquid will need more solvent. thus less wax per weight.

i know that wasn`t very scientific but i hope it helps.

05Sleeper
03-07-2005, 06:08 AM
what about the paste glaz? I hear that is really good. And what i need is a good wax for a silver car...

wannafbody
03-07-2005, 09:49 AM
conversly liquids should offer more initial gloss due to solvents and other ingredient percentages

togwt
03-07-2005, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by liam

just touching on that solvent issue.

i think the reason paste waxes *offer* (to some) more depth is that they have a greater content of carnuba. to make a naturally hard wax (carnuba) a liquid/paste, they need to apply solvents to the mix. obviously a liquid will need more solvent. thus less wax per weight.

i know that wasn`t very scientific but i hope it helps.

:xyxthumbs :xyxthumbs

JonM

Scottwax
03-07-2005, 11:39 PM
I think as a general rule, paste waxes tend to have a deeper look than liquids, but #26 is deeper than #16 (although #16 has a wetter look) and Carnauba Moose Wax is pretty deep for a liquid.

Dtail
03-08-2005, 12:17 AM
if you`re looking for a really good wax for your metallic paint, try pinnacle signature wax. I think its a step above over s100 on wetness/gloss and pop :up . I love it on my metallic paint.

White95Max
03-08-2005, 07:44 AM
Paste Glaz works wonders on silver paint. Give it a try while you can still get it.

NPG
03-08-2005, 09:32 PM
I was looking for this answer to my question and I think I found it here (using the search). I`ve never used paste wax. You seem to agree that paste offers better depth than liquid and have less solvents and more pure carnauba wax. So that bring me another question: Why companies make liquid waxes? Is the paste is harder to apply or wipe off than liquid?:confused:

Scottwax
03-08-2005, 10:34 PM
Most paste waxes are just as easy to use. The common belief among the average consumer is that liquids are easier to use. There are also a lot of pros who apply all products with a buffer and liquids can be applied more quickly by machine than pastes can.

probegt
03-08-2005, 10:43 PM
Liquid Souveran has been probably the best liquid wax I have ever used. To me it comes close to the look of the paste version. It gives real great depth, slickness and wet looking to dark colors.

termigator
03-09-2005, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by NPG

I was looking for this answer to my question and I think I found it here (using the search). I`ve never used paste wax. You seem to agree that paste offers better depth than liquid and have less solvents and more pure carnauba wax. So that bring me another question: Why companies make liquid waxes? Is the paste is harder to apply or wipe off than liquid?:confused:

Most people find liquid waxes to be easier to apply. It`s definitely easier to put on a PC for application. There`s also the contamination factor. I forget who mentioned it first, but every time you apply wax to the car, you`re contaminating the applicator. With liquid, you`re confining the contamination to the applicator. With paste you`re contaminating the source too since you have to dip the applicator into the can everytime. I`m sure there are many other reasons and I`m sure other people will chime in on the reasons too, but those are the only two I can think of off the top of my head.:)