PDA

View Full Version : 2 Bucket Method VS. QEW

imported_Shaun Carollo
03-06-2005, 09:44 PM
Since I have started my detailing days, I have noticed just how horrible my pre autopian car care techniques were. I now use the 2 bucket method and then a WW MF to dry. My question is, what produces more marring? 2 bucket method with a quality car wash shampoo and lambs hair mitt, or QEW with same mitt?

Bill D
03-07-2005, 06:01 PM
I`d say to always have a second rinse water bucket and use multiple mitts with QEW. Theoretically using QEW only with one bucket with the mixture and only one mitt ought to produce more marring. What degree of dirtiness of the car do you have in mind when using these methods?

Scottwax
03-07-2005, 09:48 PM
Neither if you use good washing techniques.

tpgsr
03-08-2005, 04:37 AM
I chose QEW, but i dont like the poll, If you use either method carefuly you will be fine. I always use a 2 bucket method with QEW, and i have never had a problem with inducing marring on cars.

spotter
03-08-2005, 03:12 PM
Neither

imported_memnuts
03-08-2005, 07:59 PM
It depends how dirty the vehicle is.

A post snow New England winter drive down a salt, sand and slush covered road. Nothing but a bucket wash for me.

Or a cruise down the PacificCoast Highway between Carmel and Moro Bay - either method should be safe and marr-free if performed properly.

imported_RIC
03-08-2005, 08:35 PM
"I`d say to always have a second rinse water bucket and use multiple mitts with QEW. Theoretically using QEW only with one bucket with the mixture and only one mitt ought to produce more marring."

I think the key is to use multiple wash mitts/wash towels.

I for one will not re-use a wash towel once it has washed a single panel, half a hood, etc. if it has picked up any loose dirt. I am not going to chance some dirt not rinsing out and wiping it across another panel. I use in the range of 6-13 MF wash towels when using QEW.

Bill D
03-08-2005, 10:20 PM
:up

That would pretty much be my approach too.

stevet
03-13-2005, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by Scottwax

Neither if you use good washing techniques.

Agreed. Their is a greater chance with QEW though IMO if poor techniques are used.