PDA

View Full Version : Streaks after KLASSE

Pages : [1] 2

dust6928
03-06-2005, 06:35 PM
ok, i washed the car because it was filthy. i then proceeded to clay the roof of the car. is it normal for there to be residue left over after claying? should you wipe or wash before going to the klasse? i then went ahead and put the klasse on lightly over just the roof. used the damp applicator, small amount of pressure and polish, and wipe off with no drying time method. i get done with the roof and it is extremely slick but i notice some streaks in it. is this maybe places that did not get good coverage? what did i do wrong? i stopped here because i didnt want to waste any time or polish on the rest of the car if i am doing something wrong. oh yeah, the roof of the car is black so everything shows. any suggestions guys?

TW85 HHI
03-06-2005, 06:49 PM
It is very common for SG to streak. Try a sealant safe QD if you`re going to layer or just wash again. Trying to buff the streaks out is very difficult.

MongooseGA
03-06-2005, 07:02 PM
Greg, what makes a QD sealant safe?

TW85 HHI
03-06-2005, 07:08 PM
Well, I mean one that does not contain carnauba or anything else that may interfere with the bonding of a sealant (if you`re wanting to layer). Sonus has one and S&W is another.

holland_patrick
03-06-2005, 09:31 PM
By Klasse what do you mean I think if you went right to SG from claying it`s a bad move If you used AIO then i really can see were you would get the streaking from. Everyone has used AIO with probelms..That i know of..

patrick

Mark Waldron
03-06-2005, 09:47 PM
For me the AIO is the easy one to apply and remove, whereas the SG is the finicky one. I took some great advice and now apply SG diluted with water at a ratio of 4 oz. SG to 12 oz. water which makes a 16 oz. solution that works great. No streaks, and after applying this formula 2-3 times, the paint really pops.

klnyc
03-06-2005, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by Mark Waldron

For me the AIO is the easy one to apply and remove, whereas the SG is the finicky one. I took some great advice and now apply SG diluted with water at a ratio of 4 oz. SG to 12 oz. water which makes a 16 oz. solution that works great. No streaks, and after applying this formula 2-3 times, the paint really pops.

You know what? I`m going give that a shot. The KSG is pain in the arse to remove, even I applied with very thin layer. I have 4 * UPP and PBW EXP+ man these 2 products remove pretty darn ez. :up

So, you are using a 4 oz of SG on 16oz spray bottle, correct?

Mark Waldron
03-06-2005, 10:49 PM
That is correct. I think you`ll find that it`s a lot easier to work with and the results are fantastic.

dust6928
03-07-2005, 01:52 AM
i should have clarified that it is the AIO that i used today. thanks for the replies, dustin

spotter
03-07-2005, 06:00 AM
sounds to me like your streaks are from the residue from the clay....never heard of AIO streaking.

klnyc
03-07-2005, 09:01 AM
ditto.

maxshine
03-07-2005, 09:38 AM
Mark,

When you dilute SG what is your application/removal process (i.e. WOWO, let dry, etc) ?

I`ve diluted with Sonus Spritz (per David B. I think) but didn`t really prefer over WOWO.

Thanks

pdbba
03-07-2005, 04:16 PM
I`d love to know your process too, Mark.

Have heard of diluting SG before, but never tried it. Have you tried it other ratios for mixing? Have 3/4 of a bottle of SG left, as I`m finding WG/UPP/EX easier to use.

Paul

AudiDriver
03-07-2005, 04:51 PM
I have to agree with Mark!

I`ve recently begun to use Kasse AIO and it seems work great for me. (In fact, Yesterday I tried to use 1Z glanz wax on my wife`s car and I unfortunately used too much and of course it streaked and I could not get it off. A quick run over with AIO soon sorted it out and the streak free shine is back!)

I`ve also used Klasse SG on my own car and I`ve not experienced any steaking with that either - though I made sure it goes on very, very thin. If I`ve used more than 2ozs on each application on the car I`ve used too much. I use a MF pad which has been dampened with water prior to applying the SG and this seems to work.

However, I`m willing to give Mark`s method of mixing the SG with water and see how that comes out.

AudiDriver
03-07-2005, 04:54 PM
I forgot to say - Welcome to Autopia!