PDA

View Full Version : Signature/Souveran/Wolfgang query

515colfelt
03-06-2005, 02:15 PM
As a new website in the U.K. is now stocking Pinnacle(thanks to the guys who highlighted it!) I am really tempted to "invest" in some.The things I`m unsure of are as follows:

Why the vast price difference between souveran paste and liquid souveran?

Where does Signature wax fit in the line up- is it "close" to Souveran in performance?

Would Wolfgang Sealant over AIO topped with Souveran/signature be a good combo.

I must admit that I`m getting a bit tired of S.G. and fancy a bit of a change as far as sealants go and I`ve already warned my wife of impending expence!

Peter

pdbba
03-06-2005, 02:38 PM
Peter,

Wolfgang looks great on my blue 206. Much more user friendly than SG. Easy on and very easy off too.

goceltics34
03-06-2005, 03:13 PM
Hello Peter. I too am a newbie. Just yesterday I did a complete job on my car....

Washed

Clayed

Washed again

Polished w/ Pinnacle Cleansing Lotion

Wolfgang Paint Sealant

let dry overnight

Signature Series Wax this morning

I must tell you that it looks unreal! I love the combo. The car just looks like a pool of water. I had previously used Meguiars NXT wax and though that was pretty good. This just blows that crap out of the water. I am no expert but do know that I love the finish....

http://autopia.org/gallery/data/500/20590img_4227---mar-6-05-med.gif

Scottwax
03-06-2005, 04:52 PM
AIO + Wolfgang is great on black, adding Souveran to the mix would make it even deeper looking.

imported_Aurora40
03-06-2005, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by Peter D

Why the vast price difference between souveran paste and liquid souveran?

They are very different products in my experience. Liquid Souveran is a very shiny and smooth product. It goes on nice and seems to last a few months with no problem. It has a high shine and good gloss, not unlike Wolfgang, though a bit shinier I think.

Souveran paste is a very deep wet look, not a high shine. It also goes on very easily and leaves a typical carnauba smooth/slick feel. It has rather mediocre durability.

I like both very much. Liquid Souveran looks great on the dark green pearl paint on the Regal, it`s so easy to reapply, and it lasts pretty well. Souveran paste is incredible on the Aurora with it`s red metallic paint, and looks very deep and wet. It is also easy to apply, and the car is garaged whenever it isn`t moving, so durability is a small issue.

I would not be surprised if it turned out that Liquid Souveran had very little actual carnauba in it, it`s quite a bit more like a polymer product in my experience.