PDA

View Full Version : will rain spoil the effect?

cwcad
03-06-2005, 09:25 AM
Worked very hard on a detail yesterday. did all the things that one is suppposed to do to get the "perfect shine." my question is... does rain interupt the process? just as i was starting to apply the sealant it started raining. so i had to stop. after an hour it stopped again so i went back out and finished applying a coat of sealant. an hour after the sealant had been buffed off the rain came again.

can i start again today with a another layer of sealant after i dry the vehicle then go over it with a detail spray?. has the process that i started, been altered so much that i need to do the entire process over, stripping the applied sealant. was an hour cure time enough for the sealant.??

MongooseGA
03-06-2005, 09:44 AM
I think you`ll be safe to add another layer of the sealant.

imported_Sullybob
03-06-2005, 10:08 AM
I have had this happen to me a couple of times and I haven`t had a problem. I always inspect the sealant to make sure it looks good to me. imho, if the sealant wasn`t cured enough the rain would have washed it mostly or all off of your vehicle. If you dry it/QD and add another layer of sealant I think you will be fine.

By the way, how cold is it in Fairbanks today? If I had to guess I would have thought you would have snow not rain.

cwcad
03-06-2005, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by Sullybob

I have had this happen to me a couple of times and I haven`t had a problem. I always inspect the sealant to make sure it looks good to me. imho, if the sealant wasn`t cured enough the rain would have washed it mostly or all off of your vehicle. If you dry it/QD and add another layer of sealant I think you will be fine.

By the way, how cold is it in Fairbanks today? If I had to guess I would have thought you would have snow not rain.

i cannot say exactly, what the temperature is, because i am in texas at this moment. will be going back to alaska in four weeks. that is why i asked this question. i am trying to protect my vehicle from the texas weather while i am gone. constuction season will soon be starting.

imported_Sullybob
03-06-2005, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by cwcad

i cannot say exactly, what the temperature is, because i am in texas at this moment. will be going back to alaska in four weeks. that is why i asked this question. i am trying to protect my vehicle from the texas weather while i am gone. constuction season will soon be starting.

Thats what I get for not reading your complete location and making an assumption:)

Mochamanz1
03-07-2005, 12:46 AM
It`s no different than washing between processes, in fact, it might help you.

togwt
03-07-2005, 01:33 AM
The theoretical answer is-be sure that the surface of the vehicle can be left undisturbed from rain and water (this includes QD sprays as they consist mainly of water) for a 12-72 hour cross-link period or the surface protection may be compromised. These components are heat and detergent resistant and anti-corrosive in that they resist the effects of acid rain, airborne pollution and bird excrement.

JonM

cwcad
03-07-2005, 07:55 AM
Originally posted by TOGWT

The theoretical answer is-be sure that the surface of the vehicle can be left undisturbed from rain and water (this includes QD sprays as they consist mainly of water) for a 12-72 hour cross-link period or the surface protection may be compromised. These components are heat and detergent resistant and anti-corrosive in that they resist the effects of acid rain, airborne pollution and bird excrement.

JonM

well, if the theorectical is yes, should i go over the vehicle with Klasse AIO?? then re-apply the sealant.

it has been looking like this for the last thirty- eight hour.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y29/cwcad/preZainodetail2-25-05009.jpg

togwt
03-08-2005, 09:17 AM
It is protected with a cross-linked polymer only its durability is affected. Once you get a dry day and add another coat you`ll be fine

JonM

cwcad
03-08-2005, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by TOGWT

It is protected with a cross-linked polymer only its durability is affected. Once you get a dry day and add another coat you`ll be fine

JonM

well looks like today is the day. sunshine and cool for most of the day. if i get it done i will post in the click and brag section. thank you, TOGWT!:D

crobinso
03-08-2005, 11:50 AM
On a side note:

I like how cwcad came back to Autopia University to ask his question, even though he`s posted hundreds of times.

:bow

Charles

cwcad
03-08-2005, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by crobinso

On a side note:

I like how cwcad came back to Autopia University to ask his question, even though he`s posted hundreds of times.

:bow

Charles

well thank you charles for even thinking nice things. just came in from my vehicle trying to get that ultimate detail and saw your post. the reason that i posted in autopia university is because i feel like i am a noobie. as such it seemed to be appropriate. most of my posts have been appreciattion of another member or getting more information for me to understand.

funny... when i came in i was thinking to myself, "what have i been doing? it is not supposed to look this way." i am really upset about the results of my latest detail. maybe i was expecting something other than i am able to acheive.

will post my results in the click and brag later today. yet, the way i am feeling about it maybe i should be starting a new forum heading...CLICK AND CRY

crobinso
03-08-2005, 02:43 PM
will post my results in the click and brag later today. yet, the way i am feeling about it maybe i should be starting a new forum heading...CLICK AND CRY

cwcad

ROTFL! I hear you. Make sure you list the products used and in what order. Then the experts (not me) will tell you where you went wrong. LOL,

Charles