PDA

View Full Version : Got my Menzerna Line and Zaino Complete Set Today Plus my Klasse Twins.

gassvcman
03-05-2005, 09:44 PM
Hello, well the past week I went a little overboard on detailing products, and bought quite a bit of items. I bought the complete Zaino line and the Complete Menzerna Detailing Line as well as the Klasse Twins product line.

I also ordered a bunch of micro fiber towels from Excel Detail, he has the fastest shipping I have ever seen, from an online retailer. Excellent towels they appear to be.

Well I have had wonderful answers to some questions in regards to my detailing worries, so I feel with confidence you fellow Autopians will lead me in the right direction.

I bought the Menzerna line for my Dark Burgundy Colored Truck, and the Zaino line for my lighter colored Camry, based upon what I read in the forums here.

From David I ordered the Sonus Das Pad Kit for my Porter Cable 7424 Polisher.

As stated above I have both Menzerna and Zaino lines. I hope I made a good choose on the Menzerna line, I have used Zaino since last summer, but felt I didn`t do a good enough prep job to see the full results, Got in to big of a hurry.

Here is my question, in what Order would you apply these products and with what type of Pad for each step. I am truly a Novice at this, and will refer to this post quite frequently.

I guess the first step is to prep, prep and more prep, so I would like some help their. I will do the dawn dish soap, and will take the advice here.

After the prep, In what order should I apply the products metioned above and can they be combined. I am also thinking about buying the Souveran Wax, I have read such wonderful things about what it does to dark colored paint.

Both cars are 2001 Models, roughly four years, the dark colored truck sits outside 24/7 through all the seasons, the Camry sits in the garage.

So any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also one other problem, I have Mickey Thompson Aluminum wheels and have only been on my truck since the past summer and went through a very harsh winter, and nothing seems to clean the crud off of them. I have used Simple Green, A To Z wheel cleaner Dawn soap, and then purchased Adams Metal Polishes and finally got to use today, and the scum is still on the aluminum wheels. I don`t know what to do about this, nothing seems to work. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again.

imported_Burlyq
03-05-2005, 09:53 PM
Need more info, what polishes exactly did you buy. And BTW Menzerna is a great line of products I use them all the time.

Menzerna polishes don`t need to followed by paint cleaner, so process is pretty straight forward. Wash-Clay-Wash (Optional)-Polish- Wash or QD (optional)-sealant

Usually you start least aggresive polish but it sounds like you need swirl removal, so go IP with white or orange pad and then FPII with white or finishing pad. I would worry to much about pad selection the machine you chose will not hurt your paint job. I personally prefer IP with a white Pad, and FPII with a finishing, but many people do that differently. Did you get powergloss too? Use blue painters tape to help you section the car and protect moldings. Lightly mist the pad before you start with water and apply and smush the polish around the section, and work the polish until it starts to dissapear, then wipe with a MF.

Wheels- nothing cleans them better than Zaino glass cleaner IMO. I try AIO first, but when I need an abrasive I reach for Zaino. I recently detailed a PT cruiser and tried 5 different products and nothing worked, reached for Z glass polish and it cleaned them very nicely. The owner of the car was killing me because he never cleaned the wheels. Anyhow, if you bought it give it a try, if not try a true polish but be careful that it doesn`t scratch them.