PDA

View Full Version : New Tropi-Care Tire/Rubber/Vinyl Dressing

Wasatch
03-05-2005, 05:12 PM
Well back in January Steve sent me a sample of his new water base tire/rubber/vinyl dressing. Today I finally got a chance to try it. First off it`s not supposed to be applied in direct sunlight and the temp has to be over 50 degrees. I poured some into a foam applicator, some spilled over, it`s a cool looking flourescent blue. This sample is pretty finicky, too much and it starts to suds up. I first dressed the tires, it spread sudsy, but after a few seconds it just dissolved away. It leaves a semi-glossy appearance which I like on my tires. After I did all four tires, I checked out the first one again and the dressing was looking alot better. I then applied some to the trim/vinyl, again it suds up. The stuff dries up real fast in the applicator so you have to keep pouring some in. A little does go a long way though. It`s supposed to last alot longer than your typical water base product, the jury is still out on this. I will keep checking for durability. Overall it`s a nice product, but the way it suds up I`m not sure if I would buy some. Then again I`m not sure if this will be the final product sold to the public. Glad I had a chance to try some though.

joshcaro
03-05-2005, 05:20 PM
Steve has sent me a sample as well of the new water based dressing. It should be here on Monday. I am eager to try it. I finally tried my sample of WG this week (which I am loving so far btw).

How would you compare TC to WG as far as sling, glossiness, ease of use, and overall which is superior?

wannafbody
03-05-2005, 07:38 PM
Steve sent me a sample to evaluate in Febuary-it was white-it`s a non-silicone formula that produced a very nice gloss on virgin rubber but on anything that was previously treated with a silicone dressing it didn`t work well-i believe he may be tweaking it or searching for a silicone removing cleaner in order for more consistant results

joshcaro
03-05-2005, 07:46 PM
Yea he emailed me letting me know that in order for this dressing to work properly, the tires MUST be fully degreased and cleaned very well for it to adhere to the tire.

wannafbody
03-05-2005, 07:49 PM
try Simple Green,Castrol or something pretty strong because a mild multipurpose spray cleaner didn`t work

Wasatch
03-05-2005, 08:31 PM
CutNAction,

I`ve never tried WG before.

In the bottle the stuff was clear, but when it hit the ground and went on the tire/rubber it turned blue, weird. Steve will be sending me the new tire cleaner you use before applying the dressing. For what it`s worth my tires are only abount a month and a half old, nothing I`ve ever put on them except for this stuff. I did wash them with some GC Car Wash before hand.

imported_Burlyq
03-05-2005, 08:42 PM
For those interested in the best tire cleaner try KVLRP, although it is a bit expensive for that chore and needs to be finished with a good dressing.