PDA

View Full Version : Poorboys SSR2 and 2.5

gtpaul
03-05-2005, 04:46 PM
Are these medium compounds worthwhile?

I just picked up a PC7424 and want to get started, I found a local place that carry`s the Poorboys Super swirl remover line up and was wondering which ones do their job.

RedondoV6
03-05-2005, 04:50 PM
Unless you have some deeper swirls, I`d just get SSR2.5 and SSR1 to finsh with. Just my 2 cents.

BTW until you have 30 posts, you should be posting in the University forum.

gtpaul
03-05-2005, 04:57 PM
my bad, thanks for the info.

TW85 HHI
03-05-2005, 04:58 PM
I agree with just getting SSR2.5 and SSR1. Eventually you will learn to work the SSR2.5 so that it is your final polishing step.

In fact, I was just out polishing my dad`s truck and then rain moved in. SSR2.5 with a light cut pad will remove the minor defects and allow me to go straight to a paint cleanser or LSP.

6']['9
03-05-2005, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by RedondoV6

BTW until you have 30 posts, you should be posting in the

University forum.

Either way theyre great polishes to use in the sun.

To the QUOTE above.....says who!

Aurora
03-05-2005, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by 6`][`9

Either way theyre great polishes to use in the sun.

To the QUOTE above.....says who! Yeah, first time I`ve heard of this.

:welcome :welcome GTPaul

2.5 and 1 should do. Just choose among the pads depending on the task at hand

holland_patrick
03-05-2005, 10:15 PM
From the FAQ

When you first join Autopia, you are given the title "Apprentice". You may be an experienced detailer already, but we like everyone to earn their stripes. Until you graduate from "Apprentice" to "Enthusiast", we would appreciate you keeping your questions in the Autopia University area. If you want to participate in a discussion outside of this area, that`s okay, but all apprentice questions should be posted here.

Alfisti
03-06-2005, 05:27 AM
So what`s ssr2 for?

How different is it to ssr2.5?

DrSauekraut
03-06-2005, 08:48 AM
SSR 2.5 contains more mechanical abrasives than SSR 2.0.

DCT
03-06-2005, 09:00 AM
I would recommend having all three. The SSR2.5 is a product similar in abrasiveness to DACP. SSR2 is closer to Meguiar`s #80 and SSR1 is similar to Meguiar`s #9.

If you have some nasty swirls.......... go after them with the SSR2.5.

If they "not" so nasty go after them with SSR2.

If they are extremely light (or you want to final polish) go after them with SSR1.

On an added note, SSR2.5 followed by Menzerna FP II produces an extremely nice finish. However, you`re not likely to find Menzerna locally.

6']['9
03-06-2005, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by holland_patrick

From the FAQ

When you first join Autopia, you are given the title "Apprentice". You may be an experienced detailer already, but we like everyone to earn their stripes. Until you graduate from "Apprentice" to "Enthusiast", we would appreciate you keeping your questions in the Autopia University area. If you want to participate in a discussion outside of this area, that`s okay, but all apprentice questions should be posted here.

No offense but thats stupid!! I know this isnt going to change but when i started a little around a year ago i went straight to asking ?`s in the professional forum. I wasnt told any of this. Either way i dont approve of that earning your stripes things thats like saying you have to be a post whore to get respect or ?`s answered around here..... and it is heading that way

imported_SHICKS
03-06-2005, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by TW85 HHI

I agree with just getting SSR2.5 and SSR1. Eventually you will learn to work the SSR2.5 so that it is your final polishing step.

Please explain, is there a trick to this? I have SSR1 and 2.5 I just did the hood of my BMW today with 2.5 and a white polishing pad. Then AIO + grey pad, then NXT + Grey pad, then S100. It looks nice, but not the shine I was expecting. Maybe it was too cold for the SSR2.5 to break down. I got little dusting today.

My hood always seems blotchy after AIO.

Thanks,

Steve

Alfisti
03-06-2005, 06:12 PM
Thanks for the comparisons. :bigups

gtpaul
03-06-2005, 10:04 PM
Yep, thanks for the comparison aswell.