PDA

View Full Version : GEPC/S100 SEC with PC

termigator
03-05-2005, 12:47 PM
Will I get better results with the S100 Shine Enhancing Cleanser by using a PC? The instructions say use hand applicator, blah, blah, blah. I`m wondering if the PC will work it in better.

Accumulator
03-05-2005, 01:14 PM
Yeah, unless your hand a) never gets tired and b) moves at a few thousand orbits-per-minute ;)

Seriously, use the PC with either a very mild polishing pad or a finishing pad. I`d use a speed around 4-5. Just do the tight spots by hand.

termigator
03-05-2005, 01:27 PM
Cool. It`s been PC with everything since I got it last month. Even waxing.:D

Accumulator
03-05-2005, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by termigator

... It`s been PC with everything since I got it last month. Even waxing.:D

Yep, I use machines for most everything too :xyxthumbs

imported_SHICKS
05-24-2005, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by termigator

Will I get better results with the S100 Shine Enhancing Cleanser by using a PC? The instructions say use hand applicator, blah, blah, blah. I`m wondering if the PC will work it in better.

How were your results with S100 Shine Enhancing Cleanser? Is it the same as GEPC? I am thinking of getting some. I use AIO before s100, will S100 Shine Enhancing Cleanser give a better shine before S100 wax.

Thanks,

Steve

stevet
05-24-2005, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by SHICKS

How were your results with S100 Shine Enhancing Cleanser? Is it the same as GEPC? I am thinking of getting some. I use AIO before s100, will S100 Shine Enhancing Cleanser give a better shine before S100 wax.

Thanks,

Steve

Yes GEPC and SEC are the same. IMO they leave a nicer finish than AIO. They are also easier to use.

I use them by hand because I can do it faster than by PC, use less product and the finish comes out the same for me. I found there was no advantage to using the PC with this product.

imported_SHICKS
05-25-2005, 08:45 AM
Originally posted by stevet

Yes GEPC and SEC are the same. IMO they leave a nicer finish than AIO. They are also easier to use.

I use them by hand because I can do it faster than by PC, use less product and the finish comes out the same for me. I found there was no advantage to using the PC with this product.

Thanks,

Should I still use AIO before SEC or is that overkill. This paint is in excellent condition, not trying to fix anything, just want maximum shine and depth now.

Thanks,

Steve

jetskie
05-25-2005, 12:40 PM
Shicks I think AIO before SEC would be a waste of time on a paint already in good condition. IMO AIO works better than SEC if the paint was in bad condition, but as far as shine they are equal, with SEC a bit better IMO. AIO dose provide some protection so that is the reason I would use it over SEC.

stevet
05-25-2005, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by SHICKS

Thanks,

Should I still use AIO before SEC or is that overkill. This paint is in excellent condition, not trying to fix anything, just want maximum shine and depth now.

Thanks,

Steve

With those two products it`s one or the other but not both. They are both pre wax cleaners and do basicly the same job. The difference is that AIO will leave some protection behind and GEPC will leave some oils behind. If you apply AIO after GEPC it will remove all the oils. If you apply GEPC after AIO it will remove the protection AIO leaves behind. So it`s one or the other but not both. I use GEPC before waxes and AIO before sealants.

atticdog
05-30-2005, 08:44 AM
will gepc remove last years layers of zaino z2?

percynjpn
05-30-2005, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by stevet

I agree with you on that last point!! Though everyone and his uncle claims that a polisher works better and faster with any product, I see no difference in result between hand polishing and a PC when it comes to products like GEPC (and can probably get it done in less time by hand). And when you take into account the extra effort it takes to get the machine ready, unravel the extension cords, clean the pad, etc. . . .. A common comment is that they get "more even coverage", but for something like GEPC, I`ve experienced no advantage with the PC.