PDA

View Full Version : New Trick for Zaino Z-16

SilverLexus
03-05-2005, 08:57 AM
Hi friends,

I found a new application for Zaino Z-16 tire shine....use to coat the inside of wheel wells. I applied it to part of my wells using a sponge and it looks very nice. As with most Zaino products a little goes a long way so even though expensive, a bottle can last a while.

It leaves a nice dark black and slightly glossy finish. I`m glad I tried this. :xyxthumbs

imported_memnuts
03-05-2005, 10:52 AM
Z-16 is also great for exterior plastic and rubber components (i.e. running boards, grilles and plastic trim). Unlike products like AA, Z16 dries leaving a nice gloss.

Lee, Z16 does goes a long way but using this precious fluid on the fenderwells of my Escalade would get a little expensive. I use AA or PB B&B for this task.

TW85 HHI
03-05-2005, 11:21 AM
I finally used the sample you sent me. Having not used it before and having to use the bottle you sent me with a large neck, I ended up using more than I needed to. Can`t believe how much coverage a little bit of Z16 gives you. Now for durability...

I use 303 on wheel wells, BTW. A little cheaper for the same look. :)

RedondoV6
03-05-2005, 11:32 AM
Lee ... try Armorall Ultra Shine (white bottle, red top, red/black label), it`s like AA original but seems to have more resins in it. The Ultra Shine seems to wet a little better and cover more consistantly than AA Original, it also gives a little more shine on tires etc. than AA original and is closer in looks to Z16. So far, durability is not quite up to Z16 standards, but it does seem to last a little longer than AA original. A nice buy for the money. Not to be confused with the AA Extreme Shine, which is a high gloss clear liquid.

Greg .. look forward to hearing your impressions of Z16. I`ve moved on from testing leather conditioners to tire dressings, so I`m really interested in hearing your opinion.

TW85 HHI
03-05-2005, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by RedondoV6

I`ve moved on from testing leather conditioners to tire dressings, so I`m really interested in hearing your opinion.

Me too, but I am running out of dressings to try. Z16 is the last in my arsenal.

My conclusion on leather was Z10 for its scent and Four Star for its grippy feel. Pinnacle was somewhere in the middle.

kustomsol
03-05-2005, 09:19 PM
Using Z-16 for the fender wells is a tad too expensive for my taste. I use Mop`n`Glo applied with a spray bottle. It works well with a sponge, but is really messy.

AutoNova
03-05-2005, 09:28 PM
For the price I would go with Hyper Dressing or All Season on wells.

SilverLexus
03-06-2005, 11:47 AM
Yeah, I think yall are right. Z-16 is maybe too pricey. I just like to discover mew uses for products.

I think I may try ArmorAll UltraShine. I can usually find this stuff for cheap locally.

Greg, don`t forget to do 2X coatings of Z-16 for little bit more gloss and extra durability...

Bill D
03-06-2005, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by HRP

Using Z-16 for the fender wells is a tad too expensive for my taste. I use Mop`n`Glo applied with a spray bottle. It works well with a sponge, but is really messy.

HRP, thanks once again for such a great tip. Indeed , it`s messy and not all wheel wheels materials respond well to it. I discussed last year how similar M&G is to the now discontinued Meg`s Engine Kote which I still have. ( probably just contains added cleaning agents) I think I might be trying Zep`s ( from Home Depot)equivalent to M&G sometime because it comes in gallons.