PDA

View Full Version : Meg NXT vs. Gold class shampoo

Pages : [1] 2

opass
03-04-2005, 09:04 PM
Are they pretty much provide similar lubricant?

What is the best shampoo I can buy over the counter?

I am using Meg GC with conditioner.

Spilchy
03-04-2005, 10:15 PM
The search button is your friend.

Here is a search for "best Shampoo"

http://autopia.org/forums/search.php?s=&action=showresults&searchid=792134&sortby=lastpost&sortorder=descending

Many of the over the counter car washes are very good. Some think they may be a bit harsh on a waxed / sealed car.

But the Meguiar`s, Eagle One, Mothers Gold, Kit w/ Carnauba, etc... are all acceptable and easy on the wallet.

If you want a more mild shampoo try, Meguiars #00, #62, or Griots.

Then there are the boutique shampoos like Blackfire, Sonus, P21s, Pinnacle, Wolfgang, Zaino, etc...

I routinely wash with Gold Class and NXT exclusively. I own no other bottles. I have some of the boutique samples but to me they are not worth the money.

The final wipe with a gloss enhancing QD like Quickshine is what brings out the finish for me more so than the wash.

Heck, many wash with QEW for their customers (Scottwax) and they cars come out great.

JeffM
03-04-2005, 10:21 PM
Supposedly GC shampoo is the slickest. NXT has great sheeting properties and is also pretty slick.

I dont know whats up with the NXT though, EVERYONE has stopped stocking it. I think Megs has either recalled it, or is going to re-formulate it. I dunno, but something is definatly UP.

Thomas Dekany
03-04-2005, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by JBM

Supposedly GC shampoo is the slickest. NXT has great sheeting properties and is also pretty slick.

I dont know whats up with the NXT though, EVERYONE has stopped stocking it. I think Megs has either recalled it, or is going to re-formulate it. I dunno, but something is definatly UP.

At Wal Mart I picked up 2 of them at 50% off. but I am noticing that using it makes the slickness go by by. After 6 days the slickness is back.:confused: I think I`ll use NXT to wash customers cars prior to polishing. I`ll use the FK1 car shampoo on our cars :D

JeffM
03-04-2005, 10:36 PM
I have also been wondering if my slickness is diminishing or am i loosing my mind :(

I bought 3 bottles for 5 bucks at Wally World this week :)

gearhead
03-04-2005, 11:15 PM
I couldn`t find any at walmart last week either. Gonna check Autozone this weekend...

stevet
03-05-2005, 12:04 AM
I like Gold Class better than NXT. My favorite over the counter car wash is Duragloss. It`s the best car wash I have used.

III
03-05-2005, 08:01 AM
I`m with stevet. I like gold class better also. When the nxt wash first came out I think a lot of people preferred it over gc for whatever reasons. I don`t know if this still holds true today.

Here`s my 2 cents: In my opinion meguiar`s makes too many products that are geared to the consumer that do the same thing. I think when the whole nxt line came out, people had high hopes that these products would perform well and beat anything else megs had. I didn`t see what the big deal of the nxt wash was, and I didn`t notice that much of a difference between it and gc, so I continue to use gold class as my wash, and have been for years.

imported_pugoman
03-05-2005, 08:33 AM
I also prefer GC. But my main shampoo is Sonax Gloss Shampoo - very good value over here in the UK.

For some reason, I always get troubled with water spots when I use NXT wash - strange, because NXT wash is supposed to help against this.

Spilchy
03-05-2005, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by pugoman

I also prefer GC. But my main shampoo is Sonax Gloss Shampoo - very good value over here in the UK.

:( no longer offered here in the U.S. Perhaps my favorite shampoo. A couple years ago DavidB had a 30% per bottle sale on Sonax and I bought 4 of them. In fact I still have 2! It is liquid gold to me.

You`re lucky.

opass
03-05-2005, 09:24 AM
How come no one selling Sonax shampoo anymore? Indeed it is very very good stuff. slick and glossy look.

Spilchy
03-05-2005, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by opass

How come no one selling Sonax shampoo anymore? Indeed it is very very good stuff. slick and glossy look.

Good question. However, DavidB indicated this was a perfect replacement: http://www.autopia-carcare.com/son-500.html

Bill D
03-05-2005, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by stevet

I like Gold Class better than NXT. My favorite over the counter car wash is Duragloss. It`s the best car wash I have used.

I feel the opposite, I don`t think GC approaches the cleaning ability or lubrication of NXT. I do agree about the Duragloss though. Too bad it`s harder to get locally around here.

imported_pugoman
03-05-2005, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by Spilchy

:( no longer offered here in the U.S. Perhaps my favorite shampoo. A couple years ago DavidB had a 30% per bottle sale on Sonax and I bought 4 of them. In fact I still have 2! It is liquid gold to me.

You`re lucky.

I`m lucky? I have to pay the equivalent of $25 for a bottle of NXT wash... now who`s lucky? ;)

wannafbody
03-05-2005, 11:50 AM
duragloss is available at a lot of Carquest stores