PDA

View Full Version : Z2 Pro vs regular Z2: Anybody else...

Pages : [1] 2

66#1
03-04-2005, 06:13 PM
Can anybody else not tell a bit of difference in Z2 Pro and the old Z2?

It dries quicker, but I`ve had trouble spreading the new Z2. I have trouble with getting it on too thick.

It looks exactly the same as regular Z2 to me. It doesn`t look any deeper or glossier or wetter. The durability seems about the same too.

So what`s the difference? I was looking for a big improvement, but it`s not there. I like the look of Zaino, but this was supposed to be the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Oh, I`m using it on a red `95 Formula.

RedondoV6
03-04-2005, 06:23 PM
I do think that Z2 Pro looks wetter than the old Z2, as for depth.. I can`t make a final call on that yet (what a LSP looks like after only 24 hours is not how I judge an LSP). The biggest difference I `see` is in slickness, Z2 Pro is slicker and the difference appears to be increasing with time. I`m not sure how you can make a call on the durability, unless you were one of the beta testers?

Mochamanz1
03-04-2005, 07:15 PM
YESSSS ! The Z2Pro is faster drying, is much more reflective and seens to be a thicker layer. I am very impressed with both products, but Z2Pro seems to be more noticeable in slickness from the first coat.

imported_Burlyq
03-04-2005, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by 66#1

Can anybody else not tell a bit of difference in Z2 Pro and the old Z2?

It dries quicker, but I`ve had trouble spreading the new Z2. I have trouble with getting it on too thick.

It looks exactly the same as regular Z2 to me. It doesn`t look any deeper or glossier or wetter. The durability seems about the same too.

So what`s the difference? I was looking for a big improvement, but it`s not there. I like the look of Zaino, but this was supposed to be the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Thank you 66 someone who agrees with me, at least somewhat. It is thicker and slightly harder to work with. Having said that Pro is still easier than many to work with. The ZFX doesn`t liquefy the Z2pro because it is a different base than the old Z. However, that is where we part ways because the new z2pro doesn`t even come closs to looking the same as the old z in my opinion. Zaino garuantees satisfaction, so I`m sure you can return the pro if your not satisfied, but I personally think Pro looks as deep and wet as anything on the market. The good news is that I feel it is not necessary for multiple coats as before to, because it goes on thicker I never feel the need to put more than 3 coats. Actually I have one coat only now and it still looks better than 10 coats of the old stuff. Process: p21s paint cleanser, and one coat of Zaino Z2pro. The photos aren`t as flattering as in person because of the grey day, i`ll try to take another when the sun comes out, but it may be a while because california has had many many rainy days lately.

:sosad

http://imageevent.com/mjwilson/expedition?p=2&n=1&m=24&c=4&l=0&w=4&s=0&z=2

http://imageevent.com/mjwilson/expedition?p=0&w=4&n=1&c=4&m=24&s=0&y=1&z=2&l=0

http://imageevent.com/mjwilson/expedition?p=1&n=1&m=24&c=4&l=0&w=4&s=0&z=2

imported_Burlyq
03-04-2005, 08:18 PM
Actually 66 seams like we don`t have much in common. It looks like you`ve been complaining about Zaino in several posts so why not let it go and use something else if you don`t prefer the stuff?

Did anyone else not see any difference in Z2 and Z2 Pro??

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by gto78

as for the posts regarding me not understanding sal because of the supposed NY mentality, that is definitely not the case. I grew up in NY, my whole family is from NY, and people who talk with an attitude has no effect on me at all. It was the way he talked "down" to me like a bad child who was annoying him. There is a distinct difference, someone talking gruffly vs. someone making an insulting statement directed at you.

Doesn`t matter anymore, I found plenty of other products that make me happy, and on other threads on this forum I will make comments about em, but God forbid I make a negative statement about zaino in the mean time. Next time someone starts a "...zaino experience..." thread they have to tell everyone that only positive experiences are allowed or else the forum will black ball you.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had pretty much the same experience also. except I got no response. Don`t feel alone.

I had pretty much the same experience also. except I got no response. Don`t feel alone.

angry I guess I`ll get ripped on shipping again because I don`t need anything else!

http://autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=45629

I have used Zaino since `02 after reading reports of it`s durability, and also based on pictures I saw of Zaino`d cars.

I`ve tried everything, but this stuff ain`t working for me. One good rainstorm, and it`s about gone. Dust and roadfilm eat right through it also. :mad: This stuff has not lived up to the hype.

I first tried it on my Formula that does not sit in the weather, and is not driven in the rain. It looked great, but the few times it got rained on or driven in the rain the Z didn`t hold.

I tried it on our `90 Sunbird next, which was my wife`s car at the time. It barely lasted past the first rainstorm. I chalked some it up to the paint being old, but I was still disappointed.

We bought a 2000 GTP last July, and I went for the Zaino after about a month. I did 3 coats of ZFX/Z5, then another 2 coats a week or so later, and it worked great. 3 weeks later I put another coat of Z5 on. I noticed the water didn`t bead well before that coat, and it hasn`t worked since.

I really thought I had the problem fixed. The last two coats have beaded water incredibly when I sprayed the car to wash it off. However, we had been in a long drought. Two weeks ago, it rained 7 inches over 4 or 5 days. I washed the car last weekend, and sure enough the rain had put a hurtin` on the indestructible Zaino. The beading had greatly diminished on the top, and the beading stopped where the roadfilm had slung up on the side of the car. It has rained tonight, and there are spots on the roof and trunk that aren`t beading for spit. The Sunbird isn`t beading at all. The GTP had a coat of Z5 3 weeks ago, and the Sunbird about 2 months or so ago. I`ve noticed the water doesn`t bead good on my Firebird even after a coat either. If rains blows in on the back of my Formula, it cuts through the Z.

I`ve just about had it. I bought AIO with the intention of using it under Zaino. I hope this helps the situation! Elsewise, I`m done with the almighty Z. I use the Z6 and Z7 always, but nothing works. Even using ZFX doesn`t make a difference.

On top of that, Sal Z. won`t answer my emails or anyone else at Zaino.

Sorry for the rant, but this is getting old.

The list goes on but looks like you have a major axe to grind. LMAO, Zaino gone after a week, lol. You have so many complaints it wouldn`t suprise me if it was Zaino`s fault you didn`t pay your child support.

RedondoV6
03-04-2005, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by Burlyq

Regarding Zaino Z2 Pro ... It is thicker and slightly harder to work with. Having said that Pro is still easier than many to work with. The ZFX doesn`t liquefy the Z2pro because it is a different base than the old Z.

The good news is that I feel it is not necessary for multiple coats as before to, because it goes on thicker I never feel the need to put more than 3 coats. Actually I have one coat only now and it still looks better than 10 coats of the old stuff.

I`ll agree with you again Burlyq ... because Z2 Pro is thicker than the old Z2 it seems much easier to apply a slightly thicker layer than possible with the old Z2 and Z2 Pro seems to tolerate being applied like this, where the old Z2 could smear sometimes if applied too thickly.

Double edged sword: It can be slightly more difficult to remove Z2 Pro (it`s still VERY easy), BUT one layer really does look good better than one layer of the old Z2. After a long time of being made fun of for applying layers, its kinda funny to just apply one layer of Z2 Pro and then hear other members who are layering, AIO, sealant X2 and then nuba` X2 etc. How the worm turns! :lol

How if Zaino would just release a Z5 Pro, with real filling/masking ability for those occasions when we are faced with imperfections that will just not buff out!

imported_RIC
03-04-2005, 09:16 PM
66#1, I thought you would have moved on by now. There are lots of products out there besides Zaino. You have done nothing but complain about it since your first November post.

I can`t understand why you would buy Z2 Pro when you have clearly expressed dissatisfaction with your other Zaino Polishes.

X-Trail
03-04-2005, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by Burlyq

Process: p21s paint cleanser, and one coat of Zaino Z2pro. T

Somebody correct me i am wrong, but i think if you use P21S GEPC as a base for Zaino before washing it, there will be problems with durability and bonding because Zaino need an oil free surface.

imported_Burlyq
03-04-2005, 10:11 PM
Actually it has been my experience that using p21s cleanser is one of the best bases for Zaino. I think using a polish like menzerna sets the best shine, but if no swirl removing is necessary p21s will set that shine just fine. I`d say I use p21s and AIO probably 60% of the time, and no cleanser 40% of the time, and they all seam to work good. Is it possible you might lose some durabilty? Yes, but not much as my cars always get long term beading.

detailbarn
03-04-2005, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by X-Trail

Somebody correct me i am wrong, but i think if you use P21S GEPC as a base for Zaino before washing it, there will be problems with durability and bonding because Zaino need an oil free surface.

Yes this is true Zaino will not stick to a surface coated with oils such as those in P21S GEPC and Meguiars products. Not to say that these are bad products or even that the oils are bad but rather they are just not compatiable with Zaino.

Personally I have had the best results with Menzerna FP or FP II for Zaino prep. They leave the surface very sqeaky clean. I have noticed a very big difference when I use these polishes with Zaino compared to just about any other polish.

Mochamanz1
03-04-2005, 10:46 PM
Wow guys, I have the complete opposite experience with Z2pro, I am amazed that you see it as the same as the old Z2 and have durability and other problems. But, I guess we are all different and as humans, see things differently, but my experience is a faster level of reflectivity, etc with the pro... Sorry you guys have issues :) I have used WG,BF, AIO/SG, FMJ, EXP, and others, The Z2Pro is right up there and is faster and easier to remove than several products SG, BF, for example. I dont think there is a single perfect sealant out there, but I am really satisfied that Z2Pro kicks a** for about 70% of what I do. IMHO Z2Pro is a vast improvement over the old Z2. I dont know about durability issues, time will tell (if I can stop myself from detailing long enough to leave someting alone for a few months - NAW !)

Let someone else address durabilty:rofl

imported_Burlyq
03-04-2005, 10:52 PM
I think the only person who has issues has a problem that has nothing to do with the product. he makes about 6 negative comments which makes the statements not credible IMO. I`m sure I`ll take heat for that as I have before. But if someone doesn`t like something just state it, but when they start making multiple multiple complaints, it has less to do with product and more to do with revenge. Z2pro is way better than the old Z2 hands down!

66#1
03-05-2005, 01:48 AM
Originally posted by RIC

66#1, I thought you would have moved on by now. There are lots of products out there besides Zaino. You have done nothing but complain about it since your first November post.

I can`t understand why you would buy Z2 Pro when you have clearly expressed dissatisfaction with your other Zaino Polishes.

What damn difference does it make to you? If I didn`t have issues with the product, the world famous cult of zaino would turn me off. :angry: At least I`m brave enough to complain. Most forums have an ignore function. Does this one?

I was almost out of Z2, and they came out with the new and "improved" formula that most folks seem to like so I gave it one more last chance. I see no difference at all. I didn`t say it didn`t look good. I asked my wife her opinion also, and she didn`t see any either. It doesn`t look any better out in the sun, and it actually doesn`t look as red and shiny under lights. :down: It doesn`t spread as easy like I said.

I just purchased a PC, and I intended to use AIO under Zaino on my two vehicles that sit outside to see if it helps with the durability issue. I was going to use ZFX with Z5 or the old Z2 first to see if that helped my durability problems before I wasted my Z2 Pro. Now I may throw all the mess in the trash.

The shipping rate Zaino charges is ridiculous IMO. You gotta buy more to save money. Makes no sense to me. I have to work for a living, so I don`t like wasting money.

What a ripoff.

imported_Burlyq
03-05-2005, 02:00 AM
Prozac.:down

travisdecpn
03-05-2005, 02:06 AM
If you`re serious about tossing the stuff, I would be interested in purchasing it from you. If you want to work out a deal I would be more than happy to take it off your hands.