PDA

View Full Version : question bout tire dressing

taylor
03-04-2005, 04:28 PM
Im am currently using "Blue stuff" from detail king on my tires. Problem is that it works great on the side thats not in the sun but the side that is in the sun looks streaky and not even. Is this common with all tire dressings? And whats a good wheel cleaner that is safe on all wheels? Thanks

TW85 HHI
03-04-2005, 04:32 PM
Every tire dressing I have (BnB, Z16, 303, Four Star, Pinnacle, Meg`s, & Wolfgang) appears a little blothcy or uneven after application until I thoroughly wipe down each tire. It is less of a problem with liquids than gels, IMO, because liquids apply more easily and give greater coverage.

SayNoToPistons
03-04-2005, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by TW85 HHI

Every tire dressing I have (BnB, Z16, 303, Four Star, Pinnacle, Meg`s, & Wolfgang) appears a little blothcy or uneven after application until I thoroughly wipe down each tire. It is less of a problem with liquids than gels, IMO, because liquids apply more easily and give greater coverage.

how good are 303 on tires? i use what myneighbor gave me which is a can of Turtle Wax Foam tire car thing. this aint so good since it hardly gives any shine at all, it just leaves it looking new again and within 5 days the tires goes back to its old dirty self again. thses are only 4 month old tires that has gone about 800miles.

Lowejackson
03-05-2005, 10:50 AM
There might be two factors here.

1. The wheel is not clean enough or

2. Buffing seems even out the sheen.

TW85 HHI
03-05-2005, 11:18 AM
another qx4,

303 has a nice look to it (looks like Four Star, Pinnacle, and Z16) but it is not very durable. Application is simple though so having to reapply is not that big of a deal. Downside is cost.

White95Max
03-05-2005, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by taylor

And whats a good wheel cleaner that is safe on all wheels? Thanks

P21S Wheel Cleaner is safe on all types of wheels. That`s what I use. It comes in liquid and gel forms...liquid for normal dirty wheels, and gel for really bad wheels. I just stick with the liquid, because I was able to clean these up with the liquid just fine. How much worse can wheels get???

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v627/White95Max/P21SandWheel.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v627/White95Max/WheelAfter.jpg

imported_Axe
03-05-2005, 02:13 PM
Nice Job Paul, what did you use to get between the `spokes` ? And is that P21s on the tyres too ?