PDA

View Full Version : Sometimes you just have to ask...WHY?

Pages : [1] 2

White95Max
03-04-2005, 10:50 AM
There are some things that just don`t make sense.

Why do people buy chrome wheels, and never wash them? Isn`t that the point of chrome wheels - to have nice shiny wheels? :nixweiss

Why do people modify their car to make it uglier? Case-in-Point: a yellow/white Jetta with silver flames (extremely dull paint) that lives a few miles from me. Huge aluminum wing on the back, stock steel rims with wheel covers removed, fake dual exhaust, with two different sized mufflers on the back...

Sometimes I think there is a contest going on in this city to win the Ugliest Car Award. :nixweiss

Why do people pay to get their swirls removed, and then go back to the car wash a few days later? :nixweiss

Help me out here.

Feel free to post your own questions that you just can`t seem to figure out.

Slackmeister
03-04-2005, 12:46 PM
Why do people spend big $$$ to buy a new car and not keep it halfway clean? Gross. May as well just have a nasty old beater.

RedondoV6
03-04-2005, 12:52 PM
Why do people buy leather seats and then let their dogs scratch them to shreds? I was recently asked to detail an 04` Accord EXL, the rear seat was completely trashed by her dog.

Beats me!

SpoiledMan
03-04-2005, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by Slackmeister

Why do people spend big $$$ to buy a new car and not keep it halfway clean? Gross. May as well just have a nasty old beater.

So they don`t have to change the oil for another 20k miles!:D

GoodnClean
03-04-2005, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by Slackmeister

We have a member at the LOC that has a 2003 GS430 with 80k miles (highway miles) he rattled off as long list of problems, dents, cracked headlights, cracked windshield, cracking leather, bent and scraped wheels, engine and tranny issues from lack of maintenance, never been waxed...then was complaining about the resale when he went to turn it in!

He though wax was "just a gimmick" He couldn`t understand why people didn`t want it and thought it was in fine condition for its age.

White95Max
03-04-2005, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by SpoiledMan

So they don`t have to change the oil for another 20k miles!:D

My brother is a mechanic at a Ford dealership, and he recently worked on a trade-in, which was an Escape with 32,000 miles on it. The owner said he didn`t know that you were supposed to change the oil in it every 3000 miles. My brother changed the oil, and soon after, the engine threw a rod. He took the oil pan off and found a bunch of metal fragments in the oil pan.

So...why do people not know that you have to change the oil in automobiles??? I guess I had previously assumed that everyone knew that. :nixweiss

hirosh
03-04-2005, 03:51 PM
why is it that whenever i offer to detail my friends car or post a picture of my freshly cleaned car on my blog, they say i should detail their car but never call me to arrange something when i tell them to call me?!?!?!?!?

or better yet, why did my friend buy the klasse twins and yet hardly ever puts the SG on? :p

White95Max
03-05-2005, 12:07 AM
WHY did it have to snow tonight?!?! :mad:

Oh well, I did a whole lot of detailing on the Max tonight in the garage while it was snowing. :)

thinksnow
03-05-2005, 08:27 AM
Why does Chris Bangle still receive a paycheck when he should be paying out damage awards?

klnyc
03-05-2005, 09:02 AM
Any of you guys using those newe Mobile One 7500 extend oil? Some sh#$ like that. I saw that crap at Autozone.

Scottwax
03-05-2005, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by thinksnow

Why does Chris Bangle still receive a paycheck when he should be paying out damage awards?

I`m wondering not only that but why he hasn`t been sterilized so as not to foul the gene pool and create offspring with the same ugly styling DNA. ;)

This stuff makes me wonder...

http://www.photohost.org/gallery/data/500/105ricerwing2.jpg

http://www.photohost.org/gallery/data/500/105horrible_inteior_before1.jpg

http://www.photohost.org/gallery/data/500/105finding_nemo_alternate_ending.jpg

imported_Sullybob
03-05-2005, 10:56 AM
Here`s my "why" thought for the day.

Why do people get huge chrome rims with huge holes in them and not clean up the the brake calipers/rotors/drums? It looks so nice to see all of that bling framing a greasy oily nasty mess!

DaGonz
03-05-2005, 11:30 AM
Why do people try to drive Corvettes, Porsche Boxsters and 911`s and Ferraris in the snow of a New England winter? :nixweiss

White95Max
03-05-2005, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by Sullybob

Here`s my "why" thought for the day.

Why do people get huge chrome rims with huge holes in them and not clean up the the brake calipers/rotors/drums? It looks so nice to see all of that bling framing a greasy oily nasty mess!

That`s another "WHY?" I often wonder myself. Exactly why I will paint my brake calipers within a day or installing my new wheels. The calipers are a nice rust-brown now. :down

stilez
03-05-2005, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by Gonzo0903

Why do people try to drive Corvettes, Porsche Boxsters and 911`s and Ferraris in the snow of a New England winter? :nixweiss

How about....

Why do people drive those cars slower than school buses?

You may say to keep it protected, but I know I would want to enjoy it and use it to somewhat of it`s full potential.

Going back to the whole blingbling thing and attracting attention from everyone, I think it goes back to Freud. He believed that sex was the root of everything. For those people, taste isn`t an issue...it`s "how much shtuff can I put on my car that will attract the opposite sex and ultimately get my laid".