PDA

View Full Version : Wolfgang Tire Gel Rocks

imported_The Uncle
03-03-2005, 06:59 PM
I got a lot of great stuff in the various Autogeek and Premiumautocare giveaways during Dec. I have to say, however, that Wolfgang Black Diamond Tire Gel is my favorite of all the product. I just love the durability, the matte look, and the lack of sling.

Great product. :up

I don`t know if the corresponding products from Pinnacle and Detailer`s Pride are as good, but I`ll try them next.

RedondoV6
03-03-2005, 07:03 PM
I keep hearing good things about Black Diamond. Have to add it to my wanna trade or buy list!

joshcaro
03-03-2005, 07:08 PM
Good to hear.. I got a sample in and going to use it tommorow. Have you tried layering it? If so how noticeable is the shine difference from layer 1 to 2 and so on?

On some cars I like a bit more shine than others.

stilez
03-03-2005, 07:45 PM
I agree.

Prepped and applied thin, then allowing to dry for at least 1/2 hour. You have a great tire gel that lasts pretty long.

imported_The Uncle
03-03-2005, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by CutNAction

Good to hear.. I got a sample in and going to use it tommorow. Have you tried layering it? If so how noticeable is the shine difference from layer 1 to 2 and so on?

On some cars I like a bit more shine than others.

I haven`t tried layering it at all. I usually use a tire cleaner (generally Eikman`s) and then apply a thin layer. I don`t get a lot of shine, so Wolfgang may not be for you if that is what you prefer.

SVR
03-04-2005, 07:38 AM
I`m more generous with it on tires. Normally leave it overnight at least before applying two more coats

In my testing I have gotten 1000 kilometres on an interstate trip before it died off but then after a high pressure rinse, the tires went matte black

Had a pretty long rain storm today and the tires did go slightly brown

However the 40 minute drive home from work turned them black again. It reacts with the heat in the tires

So many uses for BD too, vinyl, cloth, coating wheel wells (use it on top of RD Black wheelwell permanent sealant

On top of that, its great on my black (was brown) fibreglass top spoiler. Clayed first then polished with aio

Put on the BD and left for over an hour and then klasse sg`d several times

Permanent blackener for engine bay plastics, rubber and metal

(use clearkote vanilla moose first on plastics and rubber)