PDA

View Full Version : Recommendations for a small shampooer?

blackntan
03-03-2005, 03:45 PM
I`m looking to pick up a small carpet shamooer or extractor.

I`m looking for the cheapest one that works, as I`m only working with a few cars, and the woman would hang me if I spend too much...

How`s the Bissell Little Green? Anything better? Cheaper?

tom p.
03-03-2005, 04:07 PM
LGM is an extractor. Heated version is around $95. Un-heated is around $60.

I picked one up a few months ago. I`ve been able to remove some stains with it than I have never been able to remove in the past - - that alone made the purchase "worth it".

If you`re looking to use it on a regular basis, I`d be searching for a serious machine. LGM is light duty. I`ll probably use my heated version a few times per year and it will be fine.

GoodnClean
03-03-2005, 09:54 PM
Yeah my LGM crapped out after 8 months or so of regular use (we have pets so when its not used in the cars its used in the house, and I used it detailing for money last summer). Its a great machine though, I`m going to buy another one.

Cvisinho
03-03-2005, 11:14 PM
I found one that works well. the "Bissel little green" it is an extractor and you can get a heated one for around $90 and a non heated version for about $60. There available at Target and walmart, and a ton of other stores. They list all of the stores on the bissel website. :up

imported_Burlyq
03-04-2005, 02:16 AM
Coscto has the heated version of LGM for like 70 bucks or something close to that. I would recommend either model, heated or not, it is good for the money. I agree with Tom too, it`s light duty.

blackntan
03-04-2005, 07:41 AM
Awesome, thanks guys!

Just curious,

What`s a step above the LGM, and what`s it cost?

The roof for what I want to spend is $150. If I could also use it indoors to clean up doggie `accidents`, that would be fantastic... (plus, then I could justify it with the woman...)