PDA

View Full Version : I Give Up on Klasse SG now what?

Pages : [1] 2 3

B737Capt
03-03-2005, 12:43 AM
OK, I`m up to my third coat of SG on my car and absolutely love the shine! WOW! But what a pain in the a** this stuff is to get off!!! Ive tried everything! I tried the WOWO method and the leave overnight method and tried to put just enought so that its barely visible and still takes too much elbow grease to get off. I love the shine but I just dont like the process.

Can anyone recommend a product that has similar results as SG but much more user friendly?

ShinyBlack
03-03-2005, 12:52 AM
I ve used the Klasse Twins b4, and have had no problems w WOWO. I thk the key here is to really apply just enuff, and buff it off asap.

That can mean doing WOWO over demarcated sections of panels, 1 at a time.

For ppl still with issues with elbow grease, u could spray more distilled water or make yr application pad a tad wetter/damper when applying the SG.

Im with Zaino now, and durability is definitely comparable to that of SG, but u would need some sort of abrasive polish like AIO etc b4 u work in the z2 pro.

IMHO, skip the z5 for other better polishes if u want to correct yr paint. Then apply Z2 after prepping it right.

Hope this helps.

imported_Burlyq
03-03-2005, 01:06 AM
Z2pro

TGates
03-03-2005, 01:07 AM
Originally posted by ShinyBlack

I ve used the Klasse Twins b4, and have had no problems w WOWO. I thk the key here is to really apply just enuff, and buff it off asap.

That can mean doing WOWO over demarcated sections of panels, 1 at a time.

For ppl still with issues with elbow grease, u could spray more distilled water or make yr application pad a tad wetter/damper when applying the SG.

Im with Zaino now, and durability is definitely comparable to that of SG, but u would need some sort of abrasive polish like AIO etc b4 u work in the z2 pro.

IMHO, skip the z5 for other better polishes if u want to correct yr paint. Then apply Z2 after prepping it right.

Hope this helps.

I don`t believe AIO is an abrasive polish, but rather, a chemical polish. If your car is swirled, you would need an abrasive polish with no fillers prefereably, like the Poorboys line, then AIO to prep the paint, then SG or Z2Pro.

To the original poster, you might also try 4* UPP, Poorboy`s EX or EX-P or Wolfgang Sealant. They are all nice products.

Scottwax
03-03-2005, 01:10 AM
You want the clear, wet look? Poorboy`s EX-P or Zaino Z2 Pro.

ShinyBlack
03-03-2005, 02:23 AM
heya blacksun

yea, my bad, was typing off my head and got mixed. ;)

AIO is indeed more of a chemical cleaner then an abrasive polish.

I have had some luck with it removing minor swirls n scratches though. Although anything more serious would warrant something more abrasive.

RedondoV6
03-03-2005, 05:52 AM
I`m with Scott on this, for a clear wet look EXP or Z2 Pro. My advice would be go with Z2 Pro, slicker and WAY more durable. If this is the look you like, you will not be disappointed.

imported_agentf1
03-03-2005, 09:08 AM
Z2 Pro gets my vote.

tripper_11
03-03-2005, 09:23 AM
Another one for Z2-Pro. Use your AIO as base.

ShinyBlack,

There were some debates regarding AIO`s cleaners being chemical or abrasive.

But at any rate, I also noticed AIO`s power to eliminate or hide some very light swirls, be it abrasive or chemical.

imported_memnuts
03-03-2005, 09:53 AM
AIO does have a abrasive component. That is why it is so good for mild oxidation and very minor surface defect repair. As stated many times, AIO major job is cleansing the surface (chemically).

If a product claims and peforms oxidation repair, it has abrasives.

togwt
03-03-2005, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by B737Capt

OK, I`m up to my third coat of SG on my car and absolutely love the shine! WOW! But what a pain in the a** this stuff is to get off!!! Ive tried everything! I tried the WOWO method and the leave overnight method and tried to put just enought so that its barely visible and still takes too much elbow grease to get off. I love the shine but I just dont like the process.

Can anyone recommend a product that has similar results as SG but much more user friendly?

Perhaps one or both of these might work for you, I`ve been using Klasse products since `60`s without having any problems removing SG

The secret to the application of a polymer product is to apply it thin (super thin) Fill a spray bottle and mist a foam pad for application.

Ease of product removal is inversely proportional to the amount used (less product easier removal)

JonM

Lowejackson
03-03-2005, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by B737Capt

Autoglym `Twins`. Easy on, easy off.

This is from the CMA review

Pro: Easy to apply and buff off.

Pro: Bright shine. (I feel a tad under Klasse All-In-One)

Pro: Excellent environmental protection.

Pro: Long Lasting.

Pro: You can wax over it with a carnauba wax if desired to deepen the shine.

Con: It`s not made in Germany!

Seriously, this is an excellent product. I really can`t find any fault with it.

http://www.properautocare.com/autsuprespol.html

RedondoV6
03-03-2005, 02:36 PM
Lowe Jackson. Could you write up a review on Autoglym for us with a few pic`s? I`ve never used Autoglym, it would be interesting.

Lowejackson
03-03-2005, 03:03 PM
When the snow and ice has gone, will do

TDMAN
03-03-2005, 03:27 PM
It`s not that hard to take off, but you must apply it very thin. That said, 4*UPP is a great product, GLARE is better, and the best...SG topped with OCW(it will help remove the hard spots).