PDA

View Full Version : Menzerna Final Polish II or Klasse AIO & Zaino Z2Pro

Pages : [1] 2

termigator
03-02-2005, 12:06 PM
Can Z2Pro go right on top of FP II without any washing in between or do I HAVE TO USE Z7 in between every single step before applying Z2Pro with ZFX? I just bought some FP II & AIO and was wondering if Z2Pro can go right on top. I just don`t have the time to wash my car between every single step. I`m wondering the same thing about AIO & Z2Pro on top. Any thoughts?:confused:

LarryM
03-02-2005, 12:16 PM
Menzerna and AIO don`t contain oils so yes Z2 Pro can go over them.

You`ve got a good combo there....PBs SSR line works well with Zaino stuff too

RedondoV6
03-02-2005, 01:25 PM
Z2 Pro can be applied straight after FPII, or after AIO, with few if any problems.

I`m experimenting at the moment with Z2 Pro, using different prep to see if there is any difference in outcome. So far between using FPII and AIO under Z2 Pro I see very little difference. Maybe AIO gives a slightly slicker finish during the first few days, but it is a very close call. I do know that Autopians who have had a longer time to test Z2 Pro have suggested that using AIO as a base may decrease durability, but I`m only two weeks into my test so I cannot add much on the subject.

01bluecls
03-02-2005, 01:29 PM
Last Summer I did Clay, Menzerna IP and FPII, Klasse AIO and Zaino Z2 without washing between steps! AWESOME combo!

http://autopia.org/gallery/data/500/17191025_25.jpg

http://autopia.org/gallery/data/500/17191z_topped_p21s_4.jpg

I plan on doing the same combo this spring with the new Z2Pro and this time since I have kept swirls to a minimum, I will prolly skip the IP and just use FPII.

termigator
03-02-2005, 03:26 PM
Very nice CL-S. I have a 2002 TL-S myself. NBP. My friend also has a TL-S. It`s also Agean Blue. He absolutely loves the color! How`s the depth with the Zaino? I keep hearing about gloss & durability, but I never hear the terms "wet look" or "depth" when people talk about Zaino. Probably that and the multiple washings that`s been keeping me from doing Zaino. Just don`t have the time, even on weekends.:(

chevyguy28
03-02-2005, 03:31 PM
I think FPII and AIO do contain some kind of oils...perhaps lubricating oils in the FPII for machine polishing? In both cases, the surfaces feel different after an alcohol wipedown. I guess in the case of AIO, it is taking off the acrylic.

I`ve put Zaino over both and both seemed to bond without any issues. However, you may be compromising durability slightly. It lasts so long anyway, that it may not be an issue for you...

01bluecls
03-02-2005, 03:31 PM
It looks great. I have only been using the Z2 and not the Zaino Z2Pro "YET" I have found the after the polishing and application of Zaino the wet look is def there. Ihear the new Z2Pro is supposed to be good for more "depth" and "wetness." I was very happy with the zaino. After a few weeks I decided to top off with P21S which was a great choice! The P21S gave it the "wet" look I was looking for. Just give the Z2 PRO a chance before adding a topper since the Z2 Pro is supposed to look even better the previous version.

Dave N
03-02-2005, 04:23 PM
Last fall I used FPII and then Z2 on my truck (no in-between wash) and it has lasted longer than any other sealant I have used. Here`s what I did:

Clay

QD

FPII (w/orange power pad)

QD (Meguiar`s FI)

Isopropyl Alcohol wipedown (50:50 dilution w/distilled water)

Z2/ZFX x2

I have also used Z2 over AIO in the past, but it never lasted this long. That was on a different truck though, so it makes me wonder if different paints will bind with sealants better than others :nixweiss

Can`t wait to try the Z2-Pro this spring!

termigator
03-02-2005, 06:58 PM
I just ordered FP II, but I still have some FP left. Would FP work better since it doesn`t have lubricating oils like FP II. If so, I`ll save the FP for Z2Pro, if I ever get around to getting some.:p

01bluecls
03-02-2005, 07:24 PM
No comment, since i have never used FP, only FPII

imported_n1976jmk
03-02-2005, 08:24 PM
hey 01bluecls, do u frequent the forum over at acurazine?? so much useful info for the cl owners!!!

also, never seen the aegean blue look that deep and beautiful!!!

imported_Burlyq
03-02-2005, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by termigator

I just ordered FP II, but I still have some FP left. Would FP work better since it doesn`t have lubricating oils like FP II. If so, I`ll save the FP for Z2Pro, if I ever get around to getting some.:p

FP does work a little better for that exact reason you stated. I was a little dissapointed when Menzerna added the oils, but having said that FPII still works good with Zaino, so when you run out I wouldn`t worry. Many other major polishing companies make oily products but Menzerna is still the best option I`ve found for leaving a nice finish that accepts sealants well. I haven`t tried Sonus polishes because I haven`t been able to find if they have oils, anybody know?

Also, you can go from FPII w/o washing if you feel like it. FPII comes off pretty easy when it breaks down and the oils are very minimul. I usually spray with z6 and MF these days, just to make sure the surface is clean.

01bluecls
03-02-2005, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by n1976jmk

hey 01bluecls, do u frequent the forum over at acurazine?? so much useful info for the cl owners!!!

also, never seen the aegean blue look that deep and beautiful!!!

Actually I am an AcuraZine Member under the same name 01bluecls over there. :) Thanks, for the compliment as well. I think the day I had the car like that I spent like 8 hours detailing it!!! I think i have seen your name on the forums over there.

termigator
03-02-2005, 09:25 PM
So if I spray Z6 after FP II, that should make Z2Pro stick better? That`s a much better option than washing the entire car again!:up

01bluecls
03-02-2005, 09:44 PM
Yes the Z6 spray after FPII will work out great.