PDA

View Full Version : My wife`s car keyed

Pages : [1] 2

Carl Anderson
03-01-2005, 10:36 PM
My wife just arrived home from work. Her almost new Lexus RX330 was keyed from one end to the other. I checked it and it is all the way through the paint. I have kind of a sick feeling about this.

JasonD
03-01-2005, 10:46 PM
:angry Oh man, I feel for you. :furious:

lbls1
03-01-2005, 10:48 PM
Damn. Well, just get it fixed. Only settle for the best work. Good luck.

SilverLexus
03-01-2005, 11:37 PM
I am really sorry Carl. The Lexus dealer can probably get it looking as good as new.

Ben Kenobi
03-01-2005, 11:41 PM
Carl, that is a lousy way to end the day. I know all about the sick feeling. You wonder what kind of sick twerps do this kind of thing. They have no respect for anyones property. Do get it professionally repaired and don`t settle. Also look into getting a Trunk Monkey! Here`s the link: http://www.suburbanautogroup.com

Paul

Carl Anderson
03-01-2005, 11:46 PM
Thanks for the support. I am felling better now. Is only paint and can and will be fixed. Ironic it happens to one, who cares so much about the paint. I told my wife "I loved that paint." I have a client that owns an autobody shot that does very high end paint work. I will talk to him tomorrow and see what needs to be done.

togwt
03-02-2005, 08:06 AM
Sorry to hear such bad news...but as you`ve said it`s only paint and perhaps your client with the autobody shop can make bad things right for you...good luck

JonM

sQuashed
03-02-2005, 08:23 AM
Im sorry to hear this Carl. What a shame..

Mark Waldron
03-02-2005, 09:28 AM
Paul,

Me and my wife just got done laughing our butts off at those film clips. The last one had us rolling on the floor (guy going over bridge). Thanks for making our day.

Carl,

I`m sorry for the aggrevation you`ll have to go through to get this matter taken care off.

stilez
03-02-2005, 09:29 AM
Very sorry to hear...I was victim of vandalism just a few days ago.

Best of luck with the repair.

Ben Kenobi
03-02-2005, 12:30 PM
Mark - Glad to hear you had a good laugh. My wife and a few friends that have seen the ads also thought they were hilarious. As for the bridge one I asked my wife "Do you think the monkey had the window fixed and parked the car back in the spot before the owner got back?" I hope Carl had a chance to view them, it might help a little.

Sean - What happened to you with the vandalism? It wasn`t your Integra was it?

Paul

Lowejackson
03-02-2005, 12:41 PM
Sorry to hear this news. My car was keyed last year and it looked as if had gone down to the bare metal. After a few hours polishing half of it had gone. I was feeling very pleased with myself and a few days later paint stripper was poured onto the car :(

No matter how bad it looks, try some polish and see what happens. In any case your attitude is great, it is only paint

Accumulator
03-02-2005, 01:35 PM
Yet *another* case of an Autopian`s vehicle being vandalized!

Carl Anderson- Very sorry to hear about this, hope you get it all fixed up to your satisfaction. Might want to be especially vigilant for a while in case this is just the start of something (sure hope not).

imported_NYV6Coupe
03-02-2005, 04:49 PM
Hey Carl, my friend, I feel your pain.

Back in the `70`s I was working at a local mall & my Marina Blue `67 Chevelle SS got keyed while sitting out in the safe part of the parking lot. It received a few, long end-to-end scratches down to the metal and I`m sure parking it way out in the lot drew attention to it.

Got it repaired & within 2 weeks it got keyed again only this time the little dyck(s) scratched in "very" on the LF fender, "nice" on the door, and "paint" on the LR quarter panel.

Got it fixed again & started parking between two friend`s cars (passenger side doors facing my car) closer to the building and it wasn`t touched again.

SayNoToPistons
03-02-2005, 05:45 PM
hey man your not the only one. last year my mazda`s lift gate been keyed down to the metal. 4 foot long strips with the width of 1/5 of an inch and a few weeks after someone keyed it again drawing a $ sign on the liftgate down to the metal. then someone slashed my rear tires a few months ago. then someone slashed my car cover. all of this happened in my driveway (suck not to have a garage). then last summer i parked yhe mazda in an outlet parking lot with the windows rolled down about an inch for ventilazsion since its was crazy hot, someone threw a cigerettebud in a burnt a whole in the fabric seat. i bet almost everyone had been a victom of vandilizers. well good luck on the scratch!