PDA

View Full Version : P21S and Klasse - Overkill??

Montfort
03-01-2005, 07:37 PM
My paint (car is in the Gallery if anyone interested - see Montfort) is in its final cure stage and about to be detailed. Paint is Glasurit and it involved a wet-sand finish. Car will be a fair weather driver (toy) otherwise will be kept in a garage.

I purchased P21S Cleanser and Wax and then came across David Bynon`s `The Perfect Shine` under the Learning section of this site.

So I have now purchased AIO and SG as well. LSP will be the P21S wax.

I`m interested in your views as to the value add in using the P21S cleanser prior to the AIO. Seems questionable to me but if it would make a difference I`d do it. Wouldn`t layering the SG offer a better result?

Cheers, Dave

n2_space
03-01-2005, 08:49 PM
Not really, the oils and such in GEPC will be stripped by AIO. Go AIO > SG > wait at least 24 hours then top with P21S

Midlifecrisis
03-01-2005, 10:40 PM
better yet AIO, followed by SG (wait a week), followed by SG (wait a week), followed by SG (wait a week), topped with P21S every 2-3 weeks for a few months and your covered for at least a season. Then start over or try another sealant. If you use the WipeOn WipeOff method for SG this is a breeze and will give Zaino a run for its money in durability plus the fun of putting on an easy layer of carnuba every few weeks. I really enjoy putting on a sleek layer of good carnuba--kind of strange huh? Of course the obvious question is why bother with any sealant under the LSP at all--and the answer is? Accumulator told me to.....lol

imported_dpeezy415
03-02-2005, 12:59 AM
I agree with the SGx3/P21S deal. You`ll get the max protection/shine/glow you`re looking for.

I also don`t think doubling on the cleaner will hurt either. If you can do AIOx2 why not AIO/P21S PC?

Gonzo
03-02-2005, 07:30 AM
No such thing as overkill!

Just get your layering order correct while you are doing it. After the SG, you can put down some UPP, which will make the SG finish seem like sandpaper - UPP is about the slickest finish there is....... On my red truck, UPP seemed to brighten up even the SG, Once you wax it, there will be no more SG or UPP possible because it won`t stick to wax. Then is will be back to AIO to strip everything off

Accumulator
03-02-2005, 12:36 PM
If the finish is truly flawless I don`t see any point in using the P21s GEPC. It *does* contain some very fine abrasives, but otherwise anything it does will be "undone" by the AIO.

I found 4 layers of KSG to be the max before diminishing returns sets in looks-wise (though I like 6 for durability), but you might want to try Gonzo`s KSG/UPP layering idea.

Montfort
03-02-2005, 07:13 PM
Thanks for all the input.

I will now pass on the P21S Cleanser, go right to the AIO, SG x whatever and then onto the wax.

I can`t imagine this paint looking any better but I guess it`s going to and I`m looking forward to the experience.

Cheers, Dave

imported_prgallo
03-09-2005, 11:18 AM
This really depends on taste. After using the perfect shine approach, topping AIO w/P21S then topping SG (multiple layers) I finally tried GEPC topped with P21S, 24 hours & P21S, 1 week & P21S. That gives a much better look than using SG and/or AIO.

Just my own preference.