PDA

View Full Version : Post your Pinnacle Souveran combos here

imported_fireberd350
03-01-2005, 05:49 PM
I`m taking the ultimate plunge and buying some Souveran, I couldn`t resist. I won a $50 gift certificate from Autogeek(thanks Mike!) and have decided to spend it on trying 2 products I have been die`ing to use: Wolfgang twins and Souveran.

Now my question, what do you use in your souveran combo?

I have plenty of products available:

Polishes: AIO, VM, #80, WG Cleaner, 4*UPC

Sealents: WG, EX, UPP

Waxes: Souveran of course!!!

Taking into consideration what I have available I was thinking about doing:

-Clay

-AIO

-WG Cleaner

-WG Sealent

-Souveran

I know using the WG cleaner after AIO probably isn`t neccessary but it can`t hurt, right? I wanted to use the AIO basically for it`s cleaning ability. Should I pick one or the other? (I am a little excited I want to use everything!)

Also, in this process what can be layered? WG? Souveran?

Lastly and most importantly, what are you favorite combos using Souveran! I`m eager to know!

TIA, STeve

SilverLexus
03-01-2005, 05:59 PM
Steve,

I would skip the WG stages personally. If the surface is good, AIO+Souveran should deliver superb results.

Plus, I think the WG cleaner will strip the acrylic layer left by AIO.

For my combos I use...P21S wash, Sonus clay, AIO or Pinnacle Paint Cleansing Lotion, then Souveran.

grt1today
03-01-2005, 06:15 PM
Also another vote for the AIO/Souveran combo. I slightly prefer the twins and then the souveran though, and I always followup after a couple coats of souveran with the CM. It seems to add a little shimmering/darkening effect on my yellow car... Souveran also works well over 1z polishes like MP, WPS etc.

boybert000
03-01-2005, 06:31 PM
1 chemical cleaner - MEGS #80

1 pure polish - VM

1 sealant - EX

1 wax - Souveran

thats what combo i use

SilverLexus
03-01-2005, 06:45 PM
I like EX but including that layer will cut back on the wetness factor that Souveran brings.

imported_fireberd350
03-01-2005, 06:57 PM
I just remembered, my car has a few minor swirls so I will need to hit it with #80 first. I`m really anxious to try the WG twins so I may try

WG twins

Souveran

I plan on only using the souvean on my show car but maybe I`ll experiment on my truck as well. Who knows.

imported_Totoland Mach
03-01-2005, 07:39 PM
Your combo is pretty much what I used on my gray Mach 1. Wolfgang does an excellent job as a sealant and I top it with Souveran.

Makes a nice combo IMO

http://autopia.org/gallery/data/500/13244last_cruise_2004-med.jpg

Spilchy
03-01-2005, 07:46 PM
Congrats on the gift certificate! Very cool!

I love Souveran.

My favorite routine is #80, VM, Carnauba Moose (CMW) topped with Souveran.

That gives me the deepest, most wet look I can achieve particularly on dark colors.

imported_Aurora40
03-01-2005, 08:39 PM
I definitely like Souveran over #80. But in reality, Souveran over anything is pretty tops. I have PCL now that I`d like to try over #80 to see if it`s even wetter looking.

s2skimon
03-01-2005, 08:51 PM
i normally use souveran or paste glaz as strictly a topper

Scottwax
03-01-2005, 11:44 PM
Souveran over VM, AIO, #80 or Wolfgang will look excellent.

Given your product availability, I`d clay, polish with #80 if necessary, then use AIO, top with WG, wait a day and put on a coat of Souveran.

imported_fireberd350
03-02-2005, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by Scottwax

Souveran over VM, AIO, #80 or Wolfgang will look excellent.

Given your product availability, I`d clay, polish with #80 if necessary, then use AIO, top with WG, wait a day and put on a coat of Souveran.

Any particular reason why you chose AIO over WG?

I`m in quite a predicament(spl?) though, I have recently fallin in love with UPP, but I have yet to use my newly acquired AIO, WG twins, Souveran, or Natty`s. I have so many products I want to use but I don`t know which to start with!

Scottwax
03-02-2005, 12:15 AM
I like AIO more than the Wolfgang pre-cleaner, it is a bit easier to use.