PDA

View Full Version : Eagle One A2Z has improved its formula!

Pages : [1] 2

SilverLexus
03-01-2005, 02:31 PM
I saw the tags on the bottles today at WalMart for the first time. It says it changed the formula to make the chemicals cling longer to the wheel. That can only improve results I bet.

I have a bottle and will try it soon if the weather gets better here in Georgia. It has snowed twice today!

MS22
03-01-2005, 02:44 PM
That is good to know. I bought a bottle over the weekend and ripped off the display tag without reading it figuring it was a $0.50 rebate or something. Now I want to give it a try.

travisdecpn
03-01-2005, 02:49 PM
Improved? It was pretty dang good to start with.

TGates
03-01-2005, 05:38 PM
How does this product compare to P21S gel wheel cleaner? I currently use this and love it, but it can`t be bought OTC. Is this A2Z comparable?

togwt
03-01-2005, 05:42 PM
NEW-

Quote:

Acid free

Dissolves brake dust

Spray on, hose off

Also works on tires

WARNING: Do not use on non-factory painted wheels, motorcycle wheels, and some anodized wheels.EOQ

It would seem that it is no longer as acidic, they used to state-

Quote: Be sure wheel surface is cool, or cool with water. Spray cleaner on and allow to soak for 15-30 seconds, depending on density of dust and grime. Then, just hose of. EOQ

BlackSunshine- P21S is considered one of the `best` wheel cleaner and its 100% acid-free (all I will use for wheels)

JonM

l33
03-01-2005, 05:48 PM
Anyone ever compare this to megs hot wheels? When i used to use an acid cleaner that was the best one i found.

imported_The Uncle
03-01-2005, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by BlackSunshine

How does this product compare to P21S gel wheel cleaner? I currently use this and love it, but it can`t be bought OTC. Is this A2Z comparable?

Couldn`t you just buy S100 wheel cleaner at a Harley store? wouldn`t that be the same?

imported_fireberd350
03-01-2005, 05:54 PM
I don`t usually use wheel cleaners that often (just soap) but when I do I will ONLY use A2Z.

Was the old formula acid fee? The main reason I don`t use wheels cleaners that often is b/c of the acid. I just assumed they all contained it. This is great news, I hope it works as well!

TGates
03-01-2005, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by The Uncle

Couldn`t you just buy S100 wheel cleaner at a Harley store? wouldn`t that be the same?

I suppose, but there isn`t a Harley dealership in my hometown anyways... plus the S100 wheel cleaner only comes in a pretty small size. I go through the stuff really fast on the Z06 with its brake pads that shed like a chihuahua :rolleyes:

MS22
03-01-2005, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by The Uncle

Yeah, the S100 wheel cleaner is the same as the P21S GEL wheel cleaner (P21S offers wheel cleaners in Gel form and liquid form, the Gel is better IMO). The local Harley place here charges either $9.95 or $10.95, can not remember. Either way it is still cheap seeing that the P21S gel cleaner is about $17 before those ever annoying shipping charges.

Ben Kenobi
03-01-2005, 06:12 PM
L33 - Do you mean Meguiar`s Hot Rims Wheel Cleaner?

I`ve found that it performs about the same as A2Z. BTW a number of Meguiar`s products are on sale at Pep Boys this week including NXT. Some EO products free also (including A2Z) if you buy the 32 oz. Wax-As-U-Dry. Just happened to notice this in the flyer.

Paul

MS22
03-01-2005, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by BlackSunshine

I suppose, but there isn`t a Harley dealership in my hometown anyways... plus the S100 wheel cleaner only comes in a pretty small size. I go through the stuff really fast on the Z06 with its brake pads that shed like a chihuahua :rolleyes:

The size really is not all that small at 500mL, that is equal to 16.9oz. Most other companies like Pinnacle and 4*, who make really great wheel cleaners, cost $5 more before the shipping and come in smaller 16oz. bottles. BTW a little of these cleaners goes a long way on well kept wheels, you should need no more than 3 or 4 squirts per wheel.

SilverLexus
03-01-2005, 06:47 PM
" BTW a little of these cleaners goes a long way on well kept wheels, you should need no more than 3 or 4 squirts per wheel."

Very true. If you use Poor Boys Wheel Sealant even more so.

BlackSunShine, you should try the PB wheel sealant on the Z06. I know this will work since it works well on my friends 3 and 5 series Bimmers which also "shed like a chihuahua".

TGates
03-01-2005, 07:39 PM
SilverLexus, thanks for the heads up. It will be worth a shot!

Steve530
03-01-2005, 08:13 PM
I used some of the new A2Z last weekend. IMHO it works better than than the old formula. And it seems to work well on the tires, too.

BTW, BMW dealers sell BMW branded wheel cleaner in the Parts Dept. AFAIK, it is P21S wheel cleaner. But it is expensive.